Career Opportunities with WV Schools of Diversion and Transition
WV Schools of Diversion and Transition provides educational services to over 6,000 juveniles and adults in residential and other state-operated facilities. The mission of WVSDT is to prepare juveniles and adults for successful transition to school or employment and to life in their communities as responsible and productive citizens.
The WV Schools of Diversion and Transition has more than 280 Full-Time staff working in collaboration with the WV Department of Health and Human Resources, WV Bureau of Juvenile Services, WV Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation, and local WV County Boards of Education to ensure continuity of services as juveniles and adults work to meet their education and/or employment goals.
Choosing a career with WV Schools of Diversion and Transition provides:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Benefits and Retirement
- Extended Employment Terms
- Structured Professional Development
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Beginning Teacher Orientation
- Hiring in all Certification areas
- Support for alternative routes to Teacher Certification
- Student Teacher Ratio - Average is 8:1
- Structured and Safe environment for students and staff
Contact us today to discuss how you can be a part of unique programs and services that change lives!
Kim Olsen, HR Manager
- CTE Instructor (STEM, Mechatronics, Engineering, Robotics, and Drones), Ronald Mulholland Regional Juvenile Center, Wheeling, WV (Professional)
- Elementary Teacher, Burlington Center School, Burlington, WV (Professional)
- English/Social Studies Teacher, Burlington Center, Burlington, WV
- English/Social Studies Teacher, Gene Spadaro Regional Juvenile Center, Fayette, WV (Professional)
- School Counselor, Board of Child Care School, Martinsburg, WV (Professional)
- School Counselor, Genesis Youth Center at Laurel Park, Clarksburg, WV (Professional)
- Substitute Teachers, Juvenile and Adult Schools, Various Schools within WV (Professional)