State of West Virginia High School Equivalency Diploma Scholarship
The applicant hereby understands and agrees to comply with the following:
- Must be a resident of the state of West Virginia;
- Must be a successful completer and have received a signed high school equivalency diploma;
- Must be a full-time student (enrolled 12 hours or meet institution’s definition of full-time status).
- Must complete twelve or more semester hours and maintain a 2.0 grade point average to be eligible for the second semester payment.
- Submit this application and autobiography by April 30;
- Must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Failure to submit the FAFSA will void your application.
- Must not be in default on a federal student loan and must meet any other requirements set by awarding institution.
- The scholarship is awarded annually and you must re-apply each year to qualify. The applications will
be reviewed by the West Virginia Department of Education. The Department is under no
obligation to award former recipients a scholarship each year; however, former recipients will be given
priority upon submission and re-qualification of a new application for that current school year.
- The social security number is used to verify scores and FAFSA information. Both of these items are
required to determine eligibility for consideration of the scholarship.
- The scholarships are sponsored by the schools or their foundations and are valid only at those schools.
Exception: WV Adult Education Association, Inc. scholarships may be used at any school in the state.
Completion of this application is no guarantee of receiving a scholarship award.
Questions? Call 1-800-642-2670 or (304) 558-0280
For additional information and resources on careers, college, or financial aid visit:
https://secure.cfwv.com/Default.aspx and http://www.collegeforadults.org
If you prefer to print and mail a copy of this application, click here to download it.
* = required field