Kanawha County Bus Route Changes
These announcements are effective on Friday, October 22, 2021.
Emergency - Tolley Hollow Road Area:
The following bus route changes are effective until further notice for Tolley Hollow Road in the Sissonville area.
If there are questions, call the Sissonville Bus Terminal at 304-348-1963.
- Morning: Sissonville Elementary and Sissonville Middle School students may catch bus 1014 at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 7:50am.
- Afternoon: Sissonville Elementary students will be dropped off at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 3:25pm by bus 1014.
- Afternoon: Sissonville Middle students will be dropped off at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 4:05pm by bus 1011.
Trace Fork Area:
The following changes are effective until further notice for Trace Fork Road in the Sissonville area.
- Sissonville Elementary students may catch bus 1001 at the intersection of Allens Fork Road and Trace Fork Road at 6:17am.
- Sissonville Middle students will be picked up at this same location at 7:33am.
- Sissonville HS students will be picked up at this same location at 8:37am.
- Sissonville Elementary students will be dropped off by bus 1001 at the intersection of Allens Fork Road and Trace Fork Road at 1:49pm.
- Sissonville Middle and HS students will be dropped off at this same location at 4:16pm.
Avesta Drive Area:
Beginning Dec. 18th, buses will no longer run Avesta Dr. due to the weight limit on the bridge. The bus will stop at the beginning of Avesta Dr. and McCorkle Avenue and also at the BP station. There is no time difference for the new pick up and drop off spots for Weimer, McKinley Middle or St. Albans High School.
Burning Springs Road Area:
Buses 1402, 1403, 1405, and 1313, will not be running
Burning Springs Road until further notice. Students will
get on and off at the mouth of the hollow at the trailer
5 Mile Road / Coopers Creek Road Area:
Buses have not been running to the top of the hill at 5 Mile Road near Coopers Creek in the morning. Buses are turning at Jones Equipment and families are bringing their students there. Afternoon buses are traveling the hill to deliver students home.
Emergency - Riverbend Road, Sissonville Area:
Bus 1014 will not run Riverbend Road. This is due to current road conditions and will be in effect until repairs can be made.
Students living in the area of the slip to Route 21 will catch Bus 1014 at Jenna Landing Apartments. Pickup and drop-off times are as follows: Sissonville Elementary 6:40 a.m. / 1:45 pm, Sissonville Middle 7:45 a.m. / 4:05 p.m., and Sissonville High School 8:15 a.m. / 4:05 pm.
Students living in the area of the slip to Derrick's Creek Road intersection will ride Bus 1016. Pick up and drop off times are as follows: Sissonville Elementary 6:40 a.m. / 1:45 p.m., Sissonville Middle 7:45 a.m. / 4:05 p.m., Sissonville High School 8:45 a.m. / 4:05 p.m.
Please direct any questions to the Sissonville Bus Terminal - 304-348-1963. Thank you.
Other ways to stay informed
Change how you are notified
You may unsubscribe or change your preferences for School Closings email notifications.
If you are receiving automated telephone calls with recorded messages, please contact your school.
Announcements are posted by County Board Offices. Please contact your County
Board office if you have a question about posted or missing announcements.
County Offices assume any and all risk associated with relying upon the accuracy and timeliness of the information presented.
The information posted here is not under the control of the WV Department of Education, and the WV Department of Education
makes no representations, warranties or guarantees relating to the accuracy or timeliness of the information posted on the