Kanawha County Bus Route Changes
These announcements are effective on Monday, May 29, 2023.
Emergency - Tolley Hollow Road Area:
The following bus route changes are effective until further notice for Tolley Hollow Road in the Sissonville area.
If there are questions, call the Sissonville Bus Terminal at 304-348-1963.
- Morning: Sissonville Elementary and Sissonville Middle School students may catch bus 1014 at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 7:50am.
- Afternoon: Sissonville Elementary students will be dropped off at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 3:25pm by bus 1014.
- Afternoon: Sissonville Middle students will be dropped off at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 4:05pm by bus 1011.
Trace Fork Area:
The following changes are effective until further notice for Trace Fork Road in the Sissonville area.
- Sissonville Elementary students may catch bus 1001 at the intersection of Allens Fork Road and Trace Fork Road at 6:17am.
- Sissonville Middle students will be picked up at this same location at 7:33am.
- Sissonville HS students will be picked up at this same location at 8:37am.
- Sissonville Elementary students will be dropped off by bus 1001 at the intersection of Allens Fork Road and Trace Fork Road at 1:49pm.
- Sissonville Middle and HS students will be dropped off at this same location at 4:16pm.
Middle Patch Rd Area:
- Beginning March 30th, 2022, buses will not be able to run Middle Patch Rd. The pick up and drop off location will be the Gallagher Post Office.
Morning pick up times
- Bus 1401 will pick up Pratt Elementary and East Bank Middle students at 6:40 AM
- Bus 1302L will pick up Pratt students at 6:50 AM
- Bus 1404 will pick up Riverside High School students 7:40 AM
Evening drop off times
- Bus 1302L will drop off Pratt Elementary students at 2:10 PM
- Bus 1401 will drop off Pratt Elementary students at 2:15 PM
- Bus 1401 will drop off East Bank Middle students at 3:20 PM
- Riverside High School drop off is 4:20 PM
Alum Creek Area:
- Due to ongoing road work and heavy equipment on Upper Falls Road, beginning on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, Alum Creek area buses will be turning around at the S&D store by the bridge until further notice.
In the morning, this will affect bus 1913 for Andrews Heights Elementary, Hayes Middle and St. Albans High.
In the afternoon, this will affect bus 2102 for Andrews Heights Elementary, bus 1805 for Hayes Middle and bus 1913 for St. Albans High.
Avesta Drive Area:
Beginning Dec. 18th, buses will no longer run Avesta Dr. due to the weight limit on the bridge. The bus will stop at the beginning of Avesta Dr. and McCorkle Avenue and also at the BP station. There is no time difference for the new pick up and drop off spots for Weimer, McKinley Middle or St. Albans High School.
Burning Springs Road Area:
Buses 1402, 1403, 1405, and 1313, will not be running
Burning Springs Road until further notice. Students will
get on and off at the mouth of the hollow at the trailer
Other ways to stay informed
Change how you are notified
You may unsubscribe or change your preferences for School Closings email notifications.
If you are receiving automated telephone calls with recorded messages, please contact your school.
Announcements are posted by County Board Offices. Please contact your County
Board office if you have a question about posted or missing announcements.
County Offices assume any and all risk associated with relying upon the accuracy and timeliness of the information presented.
The information posted here is not under the control of the WV Department of Education, and the WV Department of Education
makes no representations, warranties or guarantees relating to the accuracy or timeliness of the information posted on the