These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Special Education Teacher, J. M. “Chick” Buckbee Juvenile Center, Augusta, WV (Professional)
Division of Technical Education & Governor’s Economic Initiatives, Office of Diversion and Transition Programs
1. Implement the school’s program of study.
2. Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
3. Utilize instructional management systems models which increase student learning and maximizes time on task.
4. Monitor student progress toward accomplishing instructional goals and objectives.
5. Communicate within the educational community and with parents.
6. Meet professional responsibilities.
7. Maintain professional work habits.
8. Assist with efficient operations of the school.
9. Integrate educational plan with the total treatment plan.
10. Plan and provides prescriptive learning experiences identified and participating students.
11. Serve as consultant to classroom teachers when requested.
12. Provide information and/or conducts pupil assessments as a member of the school team.
13. Prepare for IEP meetings by reviewing pertinent pupil information.
14. Participate in placement advisory committee/individual educational program meetings as scheduled.
15. Utilize IEP’s in developing lesson plans.
16. Maintain a file on pupils including their IEP’s schedule of services, and other pertinent information.
17. Perform satisfactorily all indicators of attainment of the performance standards for teachers in Policy 5310.
18. Perform other necessary and desirable job related duties as assigned by the principal or lead teacher.
Holds or qualifies for a professional teaching certificate endorsed in Multi-categorical Special Education or equivalent (grades 5-12) as defined by State Board Policy 5202. Demonstrates a high level of ability in the areas of assessment and instruction.
2. Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully: (a) perform the job requirements (b) work within the special setting of a residential school for troubled youth; and (c) work as a part of a rehabilitation team in concert with others.
3. Knowledge of Option Pathway and virtual course delivery.
1. Experience in teaching troubled youth, at risk, or incarcerated youth.
2. A minimum of three (3) years teaching experience.
1. The staff member works effectively as a member of an educational team that is integrated with the total treatment program provided by the Division of Juvenile Services and J. M. “Chick” Buckbee personnel.
2. The staff member demonstrates self-control.
3. The staff member exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
4. The staff member is ethical.
5. The staff member demonstrates good work habits.
6. The staff member demonstrates effective writing and oral presentation skills.
7. The staff member demonstrates an ability to work effectively with institution personnel.
8. The staff member demonstrates expertise in areas of responsibility.
9. The staff member demonstrates adequate computer skills.
NOTE: Candidates for employment must complete a cover letter, resume and official application form. The application may be downloaded at http://wvde.state.wv.us/wvde-vacancies/ or obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 304-558-2702.
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the State Superintendent of Schools and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. Department staff work under the direction of the State Superintendent of Schools for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the board and other necessary tasks as determined by the State Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee. Each employee is at-will and subject to termination by the State Superintendent of Schools at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
The employment relationship between the State Superintendent of Schools and the employee may be terminated by either party. Reasons for termination by the State Superintendent of Schools include, but are not limited to, immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or a guilty plea or a plea of no contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies of the state board, lack of need, or a lack or loss of funding.
Position open until filled by a qualified applicant.
$44,178.00 - $77,564.40 - Based on the 2019-2020 Hampshire County Salary Schedule commensurate with educational level and years of experience.
December 30, 2019
Office of Human Resources
WV Dept. of Education
Building 6, Room 308
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0330
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.