| WVDE VACANCIES Title of Vacancy
These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Coordinator of West Virginia Board of Education Agencies, Charleston, WV
West Virginia Board of Education
1. Ability to work independently.
2. Demonstrates self-control and exhibits an attitude of mutual respect.
3. Is ethical and demonstrates good work habits.
4. Punctual in meeting deadlines.
5. Demonstrates an ability to work effectively with numerous entities, including county school systems, West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE) officials, higher education representatives, regional and local community organizations, various associations, and federal agencies.
6. Ability to travel extensively.
Duties and Responsibilities
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The position will require the successful applicant to function as the WVBE’s liaison to all agencies and organizations for which the WVBE has oversight, including, but not limited to, Regional Education Service Agencies (RESAs), institutional education programs, Office of Education Performance Audits (OEPA), and the West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and Blind (WVSDB).
Responsibilities for the Coordinator of West Virginia Board of Education Agencies will include but not limited to:
1. Connect the goals and priorities of the WVBE and WVDE to the RESAs, institutional education programs and WVSDB.
2. Serve as the on-ground liaison to agencies listed above.
3. Examine statutory requirements for RESAs and determine degree of compliance in RESAs.
4. Review RESA operations for efficiency.
5. Assist in the determination of the WVBE agencies’ strategies to implement the goals and priorities of the WVBE.
6. Provide leadership in developing and implementing programs, organizational plans, and financial plans consistent with the mission and policies of WVBE.
7. Maintain records consistent with state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
8. Inform the WVBE of progress, concerns, resource needs, encountered in all agencies.
9. Assist in developing shared services between counties and RESAs.
10. Provide technical assistance to agencies through securing expertise, advice and research to assist the agency in meeting the goals and priorities of the WVBE.
11. Provide regular communication regarding the status of the agencies at monthly WVBE meetings.
12. Interface with the WVDE in the oversight of institutional education.
13. Attend committee meetings related to institutional education.
14. Attend RESA Advisory Council meetings when scheduling permits.
15. Attend WVSDB Advisory Council meetings when scheduling permits.
16. Assist in the evaluation of OEPA’s capacity to staff and manage the accreditation process.
17. Communicate the efficiency and effectiveness of OEPA, institutional education and RESA operations.
18. Assist in drafting, reviewing and submitting grant applications.
19. Work with the President, other WVBE members and the WVDE Communications Office to craft press releases and appropriate responses to reporters, particularly in response to issues in the agencies.
20. Respond to requests from members of the WVBE for advice and information.
1. Demonstrates effective facilitation skills.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the strategic planning process.
3. Demonstrates the written, oral and technology communication skills needed for the position.
4. Demonstrates the ability to interact collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
5. Demonstrates a proven ability to meet timelines and deadlines.
6. Possesses the financial expertise to manage budgets and manage the organization to operate within the budget guidelines.
7. Demonstrates a proven ability to write and manage grants.
West Virginia Board of Education (WVBE) staff is employed upon recommendation of the WVBE President and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. WVBE staff work under the direction of the WVBE President for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the WVBE and other necessary tasks as determined by the WVBE President or his/her designee. Each employee is “at-will” and subject to termination by the West Virginia Board of Education at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
1. Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Has prior successful experience in leadership and supervision.
Candidates for employment must complete an official application form that may be obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702. The application may be downloaded at http://wvde.state.wv.us/hr/. Three letters of reference, a resume, a transcript of both undergraduate and graduate degrees awarded and a letter detailing your interest in the position must accompany the application.
$72,368.00-$79,368.00 (Commensurate with educational level and years of experience.)
Closing DateApply to
Position will remain open until filled by a qualified applicant as determined by the WVBE. Consideration of applicants will begin on December 19, 2013, and position may be filled at any date thereafter.
Virginia Harris, Administrative Assistant/Secretary to WVBE
WV Board of Education
Building 6, Room 351
1900 Kanawha Blvd., East
Charleston, WV 25305-0330
Reports directly to Chief Operations Officer
Term of position
The anticipated start date for the successful candidate will be February 15, 2014.
WVDE Employment Applications
The following applications are offered as PDF documents. You can download
a copy of Acrobat Reader (a free pdf reader) from http://www.adobe.com
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.