| WVDE VACANCIES Title of Vacancy
These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Special Education Teacher, Donald R. Kuhn Center, Julian, WV
Division of Technical and Adult Education, Office of Institutional Education Programs
1. The staff member works effectively as a member of an educational team.
2. The staff member demonstrates self-control.
3. The staff member exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
4. The staff member is ethical.
5. The staff member demonstrates good work habits.
6. The staff member demonstrates effective writing and oral presentation skills.
7. The staff member demonstrates expertise in areas of responsibility.
8. The staff member demonstrates adequate computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide appropriate application of the laws regarding special education, as prescribed in State Board of Education Policy 2419.
2. Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
3. Utilize instructional management systems which increase student performance.
4. Monitor studentsí progress toward mastery of content standards and objectives.
5. Meet professional responsibilities.
6. Comply with security regulations and institutional rules.
7. Communicate with host agency staff, county school district staff and outside agencies/personnel to foster student success.
8. Conduct educational assessment as appropriate.
9. Develop lesson plans in accordance with the OIEP Policy, which contribute to student achievement and success.
10. Prepare for IEP meetings by reviewing pertinent pupil information.
11. Utilize IEPís in developing lesson plans.
12. Participate in placement advisory committee/individual educational program meetings as scheduled.
13. Maintain a file on pupils including their IEPís schedule of services and other pertinent information.
14. Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to meet the diverse needs of a multi-level classroom.
15. Utilize a wide variety of interventions for classroom and behavior management.
16. Maintain and upgrades professional skills.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by principal or lead teacher.
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the state superintendent of schools and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. Department staff work under the direction of the state superintendent of schools for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the board and other necessary tasks as determined by the state superintendent or his/her designee. Each employee is ďat-willĒ and subject to termination by the state superintendent at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
The employment relationship between the state superintendent and the employee may be terminated by either party. Reasons for termination by the state superintendent include, but are not limited to, immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or a guilty plea or a plea of no contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies of the state board, lack of need, or a lack or loss of funding.
1. Holds or qualifies for a professional teaching certificate or permit endorsed in Multi-Categorical Special Education or equivalent as defined by State Board Policy 5202.
3. Demonstrates a high level of ability in the areas of assessment and instruction.
4. Possesses the knowledge skills and ability to successfully (a) perform the job requirements (b) work within the special setting of a residential school and (c) work as part of a rehabilitation team in concert with others.
1. Experience or certification in english at the middle and high school levels.
2. Knowledge and skills in computer assisted instruction.
3. Experience in working within a staff secure environment.
4. Background including, but not limited to, demonstrated successful experience with troubled or disruptive youth.
Based on the 2013-2014 Boone County Salary Schedule commensurate with educational level and years of experience.
Closing Date (by 4:00pm Eastern Daylight Time)Apply to
October 23, 2013
Liz Bryant, Secretary
Office of Human Resources
Building 6, Room 264
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0330
Responsible to the assigned principal.
Term of position
Per State Board Policy 5310
WVDE Employment Applications
The following applications are offered as PDF documents. You can download
a copy of Acrobat Reader (a free pdf reader) from http://www.adobe.com
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.