| WVDE VACANCIES Title of Vacancy
These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Computer Technician, RESA 3, Dunbar, WV
Reports to: Designated Boone County Personnel
Duties and Responsibilities
• The technician will be responsible to the BCS Director of Technology.
• The technician will be responsible to follow directions, county protocols, complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, and work as part of a team and/or independently.
• The computer technician will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of hardware, software and network environment, (including wired and wireless) in all Boone County Schools.
• Duties and tasks may include, but not be limited to: creating and imaging computers, trouble shooting connectivity problems, installing and removing software, installing and removing cable drops, set up, maintain and troubleshoot servers, wireless controller and access points, installation and maintenance of stand-alone and network printers, PDA management, virus prevention and clean up, etc.
• The technician will be responsible to assist Boone County School staff members with problems related to web-based, server-based and/or stand-alone software, (e.g. Norton’s, Microsoft Office, West Virginia Educational Information System, (WVEIS), Compass Learning Educational Software, etc.), and interact with school staff in a professional manner.
• The technician will be responsible to maintain service records using a web-based maintenance program.
• The position may include other activities which may be assigned by designated Boone County personnel.
SEND LETTER OF APPLICATION, RESA 3 Job Application AND RESUME
A+ Certification Required
Two (2) years successful experience working in the field preferred
Cisco Certification or comparable certifications preferred
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Network Systems Analysis & Integration/ technology/information systems preferred
Experience in the following preferred:
• Troubleshooting and repairing hardware issues on PCs, laptops and servers;
• Repairing and troubleshooting Windows 2000-2007 applications;
• Administrative duties on servers running Windows 2003-2008 and VMware
• Repairing and solving problems with LAN using NetBIOS, TCP/IP and IPX/SPX in a wired and wireless environment;
• Assessing, planning and installing wired and wireless LAN and hardware (switches, mobile laptop carts, controllers and access points, etc.)
• Cabling, including, but not limited to pulling cables, terminating cable and managing switches;
• Prior work experience in a school setting.
$32,448 - $42,081 (pay based on education and experience)
Closing Date (by 4:00pm Eastern Daylight Time)Apply to
January 04, 2013
Mr. John G. Hudson, Superintendent of Schools
Boone County board of Education
69 Avenue B
Madison, WV 25130
Term of position
In accordance with Boone County and/or RESA III Policies and Procedures
WVDE Employment Applications
The following applications are offered as PDF documents. You can download
a copy of Acrobat Reader (a free pdf reader) from http://www.adobe.com
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.