|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Grade Level Description Job Location or School Name City County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
- Facilitate delivery of LINKS lessons
- Facilitate student achievement and personal growth through collaborative classroom guidance experience.
- Advocate for advisees
- Serve as a positive role model for students
- Maintain appropriate student-adult boundaries
- Establish a nurturing environment that promotes communication
- Support advisee success by being the primary school contact for your LINKS students and other relevant stakeholders, including parents and guardians
- Develop a partnership with parents/guardians to support student progress
- Meet face-to-face with parents at least twice per year
- Develop and update Individual Student Transition Plan (ISTP).
- Conference regarding other student information
- Communicate regularly with parents, including positive updates as well as other information to provide for student needs.
- Provide information on available resources (e.g. tutoring)
- Monitor student needs regarding attendance, behavior, academics, extra-curricular activities, etc.
- Monitor academic progress, and promote career awareness and personal growth
- Assist with career/academic portfolio development
- House career/academic portfolios for advisees
- Develop positive relationships and provide extra support for individual students as needed.
- Collaborate with relevant community stakeholders to address student needs.
- Collaborate with coordinator, school counselor, and school administrator to secure resources and support students.
- Facilitate the evaluation process.
Pocahontas County High School
This position will be filled with the most qualified applicant pursuant to the
criteria set forth in WV Code §18A-4-7a, background in counseling/social work preferred.
$20 per hour - not to exceed $18,000
Effective September 25, 2013 - May 30, 2014, not to exceed 900 hours.
C.C. Lester, Superintendent
926 Fifth Avenue
Marlinton, WV 24954
Each vacancy posting must be responded to in an original letter of application postmarked or hand delivered by deadline date.
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.