|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name City County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
School Curriculum Specialists have the responsibility of providing on-site technical assistance to counties that have identified schools. The School Curriculum Specialist provides expertise and support through direct assistance to counties and schools in development and implementation of plans to build the capacity of staff in identified schools to implement the West Virginia High Quality Standard for Schools in order to increase the learning and achievement of students. The School Curriculum Specialist provides assistance in design and implementation of instructional leadership, data analysis for needs assessment, improvement planning, curriculum alignment and organizational strategies in order to create schools that are high performing learning centers. The School Curriculum Specialist will work to secure cooperative relationships among the county regional education service agencies, the state department of education, institutions of higher education and other agencies, organizations, groups and businesses that are focused on initiatives to improve student learning and achievement.
The School Curriculum Specialist will have the following duties:
1. Provide direct and on-going assistance to schools in the development and implementation of improvement strategies in identified schools.
2. Serve as a facilitator for the implementation of support initiatives defined by each identified school to which they are assigned.
3. Facilitate the analysis of assessment data and assist county and school staff in the design and delivery of instruction to address identified deficiencies.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of school improvement through strategic planning.
5. Facilitate staff development based on identified needs to school staff in the assigned schools.
6. Work collaboratively with West Virginia Department of Education staff, regional education service agencies, county, schools and other agencies and organizations to ensure school improvement.
7. Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
1. Masterís Degree, with teacherís certification and five (5) years of experience.
2. A strong knowledge-base of national and state reform initiatives including the Next Gen Content Standards and the West Virginia High Quality Standards for Schools.
3. Demonstrated leadership skills.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Ability to schedule, organize and perform multiple assignments.
6. Demonstrated strong work ethic and willingness to assume extra responsibilities.
: Based on Raleigh County Teacher salary schedule and supplement
EMPLOYMENT TERM: minimum of 200 days not to exceed 240, negotiable, full-time position for the 2013-2014 school year with continuation being contingent on availability of funds.
Completed application and resume should be sent to:
Dr. Robin Lewis
Executive Director, RESA 1
400 Neville Street
Beckley, WV 25801
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.