Primary Standard: Health Behaviors
Plan Title: “Dealing With Anger”
HE. 7.3.3 Students will recognize signs of and strategies to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression
Mastery Level: Students will recognize causes of stress, anxiety, and/or depression.
1. How did you handle yourself when you were angry?
2. Did you strike back at the person in a verbal or physical manner?
3. Did you withhold your feelings against the person and keep them inside of you?
4. Who did you blame--yourself or the other person?
5. Did you ask for help to solve the problem?
1. Do not react immediately, first take a deep breath to stay relaxed.
2. There are times when the best way to manage a conflict is to walk away and ignore
the other person.
3. Think. Is the issue unimportant or harmless? If so, let it go.
5. Keep your legs and arms uncrossed. Do not clench your fists or purse your lips.
6. Maintain self-control and do not respond with belittling remarks.
7. Suggest the use of a mediator.
Additional Health Learning Plan Links: