These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Mathematics/Science Teacher, Burlington Center, Burlington, WV (Professional)
Division of Technical & Adult Education, Office of Diversion and Transition Programs
1. Implements the schoolís program of study.
2. Fosters a classroom climate conducive to learning.
3. Utilizes instructional management systems models which increase student learning and maximizes time on task.
4. Monitors studentsí progress towards mastery of instructional objectives and goals.
5. Communicates within the educational community and with parents.
6. Meets professional responsibilities.
7. Maintain professional work habits.
8. Assist with efficient operations of the school.
9. Integrates educational plan with the total treatment plan.
10.Provides information and/or conducts pupil assessments as a member of the school team.
11.Teaches basic skill classes as assigned.
12.Participates in placement advisory committee/individual education program meetings as scheduled.
13.Utilizes IEPís in developing lesson plans.
14.Performs satisfactorily all indicators of attainment of the performance standards for teachers in State Board Policy 5310.
15.Performs other necessary and desirable job-related duties as assigned by the principal or lead teacher.
1. Fully certified in secondary mathematics and science as defined in West Virginia Board Policy 5202.
2. Fully certified in secondary mathematics or science and be eligible for an alternative education authorization as defined in West Virginia Board Policy 5202. (Applicant will have to pass Praxis examination for certification in other area 1 year after hire.)
3. Fully certified in secondary mathematics or science and eligible for an out-of-field permit in mathematics or science as defined in West Virginia Board Policy 5202.
4. Eligible for first class permit in secondary mathematics and science as defined in West Virginia Board Policy 5202.
5. Knowledge of Option Pathway and virtual course delivery.
1. Experience in working in a correctional facility.
2. Experience in working in an interagency setting.
3. A minimum of three (3) years of teaching.
1. The staff member works effectively as a member of the educational team.
2. The staff member demonstrates self-control and exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
3. The staff member has excellent communication skills, oral and written.
4. The staff member demonstrates ethical conduct and good work habits including self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple tasks to accomplish high-quality work to meet demanding deadlines.
5. The staff member demonstrates self-direction and the ability to use software applications for personal productivity and collaboration.
6. The staff member demonstrates an ability to work effectively with county personnel and other state or local agencies.
7. The staff member understands that work assignments may change, or be added, as priorities emerge within the WVDE and/or the Division.
TYPICAL WORK HOURS: Operational hours of the Burlington Center
NOTE: Candidates for employment must complete a cover letter, resume and official application form. The application may be downloaded at http://wvde.state.wv.us/wvde-vacancies/ or obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 304-558-2702.
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the State Superintendent of Schools and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. Department staff work under the direction of the State Superintendent of Schools for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the board and other necessary tasks as determined by the State Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee. Each employee is at-will and subject to termination by the State Superintendent of Schools at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
The employment relationship between the State Superintendent of Schools and the employee may be terminated by either party. Reasons for termination by the State Superintendent of Schools include, but are not limited to, immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or a guilty plea or a plea of no contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies of the state board, lack of need, or a lack or loss of funding.
220 Days - Open until filled by a qualified applicant.
$41,293.00 - $72,641.80 based on the 2020-2021 Mineral County Salary Schedule commensurate with educational level and years of experience.
July 31, 2020
Office of Human Resources
WV Dept. of Education
Building 6, Room 308
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0330
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.