These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Substitute Teachers, Juvenile and Adult Schools, Various Schools within WV (Professional)
Division of Technical & Adult Education, Office of Diversion and Transition Programs
1. Implements the school's program of study.
2. Fosters a classroom climate conducive to learning.
3. Utilizes instructional management systems models which increase student learning.
4. Monitors student progress towards mastery of instructional objectives and goals.
5. Communicates within the educational community.
6. Meets professional responsibilities.
7. Complies with host agency’s policies and procedures.
8. Participates in cognitive restructuring activities of students.
9. Works in a cooperative manner with Office of Diversion and Transition Programs, school and administrative staff to ensure a safe and secure environment and the integration of treatment and educational goals.
10. Plans and provides prescriptive learning experiences to overcome identified skill gaps for each student.
11. Performs satisfactorily all indicators of attainment of the performance standards for teachers in State Board Policy 5310.
12. Performs other necessary and desirable job related duties as assigned by the principal.
1. Holds or qualifies for a West Virginia professional teaching certificate or certification obtained through an approved substitute training program for short and long-term substitute permit, as required by State Board Policy 5202.
2. Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully: (a) perform the job requirements; (b) work within the special setting of an institution for troubled youth; and (c) work as part of a treatment team in concert with others.
3. Successfully complete and pass the WV State Police and FBI Background checks.
1. The staff member works effectively as a member of the educational team.
2. The staff member demonstrates self-control and exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
3. The staff member has excellent communication skills, oral and written.
4. The staff member demonstrates ethical conduct and good work habits.
5. The staff member demonstrates self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple tasks to accomplish high-quality work to meet demanding deadlines.
6. The staff member demonstrates self-direction and the ability to use software applications for personal productivity and collaboration.
7. The staff member demonstrates an ability to work effectively with county personnel and other state or local agencies.
8. The staff member understands that work assignments may change, or be added, as priorities emerge within the WVDE and/or the Division.
NOTE: Candidates for employment must complete a cover letter, resume and official application form. The application may be downloaded at http://wvde.state.wv.us/wvde-vacancies/ or obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 304-558-2702.
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the State Superintendent of Schools and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. Department staff work under the direction of the State Superintendent of Schools for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the board and other necessary tasks as determined by the State Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee. Each employee is at-will and subject to termination by the State Superintendent of Schools at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
The employment relationship between the State Superintendent of Schools and the employee may be terminated by either party. Reasons for termination by the State Superintendent of Schools include, but are not limited to, immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or a guilty plea or a plea of no contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies of the state board, lack of need, or a lack or loss of funding.
As Needed - TYPICAL WORK HOURS: 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
$173.48 - $348.43 daily rate based on the 2018-2019 appropriate and coinciding County Salary Schedule commensurate with educational level and years of experience.
August 28, 2020
WV Dept. of Education
Office of Human Resources
Building 6, Room 308
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0330
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.