| WVDE VACANCIES Title of Vacancy
These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Itinerant Physical Education Teacher, Donald R. Kuhn Center/James “Tiger” Morton Center, Dunbar, WV
Division of Technical and Adult Education, Office of Institutional Education Programs
1. The staff member works effectively as a member as a member of an educational team that is integrated with the total treatment program provided by the Donald R. Kuhn and James “Tiger” Morton Juvenile Centers.
2. The staff member demonstrates self control.
3. The staff member exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
4. The staff member is ethical.
5. The staff member demonstrates good work habits.
6. The staff member demonstrates effective written and oral presentation skills.
7. The staff member demonstrates an ability to work and communicate effectively with institution staff.
8. The staff member demonstrates expertise in areas of responsibility.
9. The staff member demonstrates adequate computer skills.
10. The staff member implements the Office of Institutional Education Programs’ and the school’s mission, goals, and philosophy.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implements the adopted programs of studies for physical education.
2. Fosters a classroom climate conducive to learning.
3. Utilizes instructional management systems models that increase student learning.
4. Monitors student progress toward mastery of K-12 content standards.
5. Communicates effectively within the educational community and with parents on regular basis.
6. Meets professional responsibilities.
7. Maintains professional work habits and upgrades professional skills.
8. Coordinates the school’s physical education programs.
9. Assists with the efficient operations of the school.
10. Works in a cooperative manner to ensure a safe and secure environment.
11. Provides information and/or conducts pupil assessments as a member of the school team.
12. Participates in IEP meetings and other applicable student-related meetings.
13. Utilizes IEP’s in developing lesson plans.
14. Performs satisfactorily on all of the performance standards for teachers in Policy 5310.
15. Works in a cooperative manner with the host agency and complies with host agency policies and procedures for safety and security.
16. Participates in the school’s behavioral management programs and social skills program.
17. Demonstrates competency in the knowledge and implementation of technology standards.
18. Performs other necessary and desirable job related duties as assigned by the principal.
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the state superintendent of schools and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. Department staff work under the direction of the state superintendent of schools for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the board and other necessary tasks as determined by the state superintendent or his/her designee. Each employee is “at-will” and subject to termination by the state superintendent at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
The employment relationship between the state superintendent and the employee may be terminated by either party. Reasons for termination by the state superintendent include, but are not limited to, immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or a guilty plea or a plea of no contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies of the state board, lack of need, or a lack or loss of funding.
1. Holds or qualifies for a West Virginia professional certificate in Physical Education k-12.
2. Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully: (a) perform the job requirements; (b) work within the special setting of an institution for incarcerated youth or adults; and (c) work as part of a treatment team in concert with others.
Candidates for employment must complete an official application form that may be obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702. The application may also be downloaded online at http://wvde.state.wv.us/hr/
$42,918.00-$75,476.40 based on the 2013-2014 Boone County Salary Schedule commensurate with educational level and years of experience.
Closing Date (by 4:00pm Eastern Daylight Time)Apply to
November 05, 2013
Liz Bryant, Secretary
Office of Human Resources
Building 6, Room 264
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0330
Responsible to the assigned principal.
Term of position
Per State Board Policy 5310
WVDE Employment Applications
The following applications are offered as PDF documents. You can download
a copy of Acrobat Reader (a free pdf reader) from http://www.adobe.com
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.