| WVDE VACANCIES Title of Vacancy
These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Collision Repair Instructor, Huttonsville Correctional Center, Huttonsville, WV
Division of Technical and Adult Education, Office of Adult Institutional Education Programs
1. The staff member works effectively as a member of an educational team.
2. The staff member demonstrates self control.
3. The staff member exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
4. The staff member is ethical.
5. The staff member demonstrates good work habits.
6. The staff member demonstrates effective writing and oral presentation skills.
7. The staff member demonstrates expertise in areas of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides instruction in auto-body/collision repair.
2. Implements adopted program of studies.
3. Fosters a classroom and shop climate conducive to learning.
4. Utilizes instructional management techniques which increase student learning and maximizes time on task.
5. Monitors student progress toward accomplishing instructional goals and objectives.
6. Promotes and maintains positive student-teacher and interagency lines of communication.
7. Maintains professional work habits.
8. Complies with host agency's policies and procedures for security, health and safety.
9. Participates in cognitive restructuring activities of students.
10. Works in a cooperative manner with Division of Corrections staff to insure a safe and secure environment and the integration of treatment and educational services.
11. Maintains and upgrades professional skills.
12. Provides integration of academic and vocational skills.
13. Maintains appropriate tool control utilizing proper inventory and security of all tools, equipment, and consumable supplies.
14. Teaches job keeping, job seeking and career planning skills.
15. Participates in required security training.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the state superintendent of schools and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. Department staff work under the direction of the state superintendent of schools for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the board and other necessary tasks as determined by the state superintendent or his/her designee. Each employee is “at-will” and subject to termination by the state superintendent at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
The employment relationship between the state superintendent and the employee may be terminated by either party. Reasons for termination by the state superintendent include, but are not limited to, immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or a guilty plea or a plea of no contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies of the state board, lack of need, or a lack or loss of funding.
1. Holds or qualifies for a West Virginia license for Collision Repair or equivalent.
2. Possesses ASE Certification in Collision Repair
3. Possesses the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully: (a) perform the job requirements; (b) work within a correctional institution setting; and (c) work as part of an education and rehabilitation team in concert with others.
Candidates for employment must complete an official application form that may be obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702. The application may also be downloaded online at http://wvde.state.wv.us/hr/
1. Experience in working in a correctional facility.
2. Experience in working in an interagency setting.
3. A minimum of three (3) years teaching experience.
$38,010.00-$69,325.20 (Based on the Randolph County Salary Schedule commensurate with educational level and years of experience.)
Closing Date (by 4:00pm Eastern Daylight Time)Apply to
May 03, 2013
Liz Bryant, Secretary
Office of Human Resources
Building 6, Room 264
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0330
Responsible to Principal at the Huttonsville Correctional Center
Term of position
Per State Board Policy 5310
WVDE Employment Applications
The following applications are offered as PDF documents. You can download
a copy of Acrobat Reader (a free pdf reader) from http://www.adobe.com
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.