| WVDE VACANCIES Title of Vacancy
These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
RESA 1 Director of Program Development
RESA 1, Beckley, WV
• Maintain professional work habits
• Work with principals and teachers in building capacity to address identified instructional needs for their respective schools
• Work with schools in integrating technology in classroom instruction
• Provide guidance and assistance in building effective learning communities within schools
• Work with central office personnel (curriculum and instruction supervisors, superintendents, assistant superintendents, and principals) to identify and address specific needs of the district, and individual schools within the district
• Work with counties and schools to develop and implement performance assessments in the context of assessments of and for learning
• Work with individual county curriculum and instruction supervisors in implementing county school system programs
• Work with RESA 1 schools and school districts to facilitate and provide professional development to meet specific needs and requests
• Provide feedback regarding program progress and compliance to the Regional Council
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Conditions of Employment:
• Recommended by the Executive Director
• Confirmed by the RESA 1 Regional Council
• Approved by State Board of Education
Applicants must send a completed RESA 1 Employment Application (http://resa1.k12.wv.us/), a letter of application and a resume.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Program Development will:
a. provide and facilitate professional development in collaboration with the counties of RESA 1, the West Virginia Center for Professional Development, the West Virginia Department of Education and other State agencies.
b. provide direct technical assistance to RESA 1 schools and school districts in areas of education program development and implementation including but not limited to leadership, school culture/climate, and curriculum and instruction.
• Masters Degree in an education related field
• Administrative and teaching certification
• Five years of teaching experience
• Five years of administrative experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to schedule, organize, and perform multiple assignments
• Knowledge and expertise in highly effective research-based instructional practices (21st century instruction, differentiated instruction, understanding by design, inquiry-based instruction, and formative assessment practices)
• Knowledge and experience in effective school leadership research and practice.
• Knowledge and experience in integrating technology into classroom instruction
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and delivering professional development programs
• Knowledge and experience in working with professional learning communities
• Knowledge and experience in managing State and federal program budgets
• Knowledge and experience in grant writing
• Program / Project Administration Experience preferred
Based on RESA 1 salary schedule commensurate with educational level and years of experience.
Closing Date (by 4:00pm Eastern Daylight Time)Apply to
January 16, 2013
400 Neville Street
Beckley, WV 25801
Term of position
WVDE Employment Applications
The following applications are offered as PDF documents. You can download
a copy of Acrobat Reader (a free pdf reader) from http://www.adobe.com
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.