| WVDE VACANCIES Title of Vacancy
These are vacancies in the
WV Department of Education.
For jobs in the School System visit
WV K-12 Job-Bank
Teacher Quality Coordinator, Office of Professional Preparation (Position 2), Charleston, WV
Division of Educator Quality and System Support
1. The staff member works effectively as a member of an educational team to ensure quality educators for all West Virginia public schools.
2. The staff member demonstrates self-control and exhibits an attitude of mutual respect.
3. The staff member is ethical and demonstrates good work habits including, but not limited to punctuality, attendance, confidentiality, and attention to deadlines.
4. The staff member demonstrates an ability to work effectively with public school educators, higher education and county personnel and other state/local agencies.
5. The staff member demonstrates effective presentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work as a team member in the Office of Professional Preparation to assist with projects assigned to the office and share in the daily responsibilities related to educator preparation and licensure of educational personnel.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of West Virginia Board of Education (WVBE) policies and procedures related to issues of teacher quality and the preparation and licensure of educational personnel.
3. Participate in the design and implementation of technical assistance for counties and institutions of higher education associated with educator preparation, licensure, and teacher quality.
4. Assist the Office of Legal Services in the review and investigation of background matters related to licensure applications.
5. Assist with the monitoring for federal and state funds by gathering and analyzing highly qualified teacher data and providing reports.
6. Collaborate with other offices within the Department of Education to ensure all applicants for licensure meet requirements outlined in state law and WVBE policy.
7. Provide information and technical assistance to county personnel, the State Superintendent of Schools, West Virginia Commission on Professional Teaching Standards, representatives from institutions of higher education, the West Virginia Legislature and other professional and governmental entities on matters related to educator quality and the licensure of educational personnel.
8. Assist in the collection of appropriate data and the preparation of publications and West Virginia Board of Education documents related to teacher quality and the preparation and subsequent licensure of educational personnel.
9. Serve on school and county accreditation teams.
10. Perform other assignments as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Executive Director, the Assistant Director, the Assistant Superintendent, the Deputy State Superintendent and the State Superintendent of Schools.
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the state superintendent of schools and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. Department staff work under the direction of the state superintendent of schools for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the board and other necessary tasks as determined by the state superintendent or his/her designee. Each employee is “at-will” and subject to termination by the state superintendent at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
The employment relationship between the state superintendent and the employee may be terminated by either party. Reasons for termination by the state superintendent include, but are not limited to, immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or a guilty plea or a plea of no contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies of the state board, lack of need, or a lack or loss of funding.
1. Holds a Masters Degree in a field related to public education.
2. Holds or is eligible for a valid West Virginia Teaching, Administrative or Student Support Services Certificate.
3. Has public school (K-12) teaching, administrative and/or student support services experience.
4. Demonstrates an understanding of the requirements for licensure to work in the public schools in West Virginia as outlined in both state law and West Virginia Board of Education policy.
5. Demonstrates skill in the preparation and delivery of oral and written communication related to teacher quality and the licensure of educational personnel.
6. Has mastery computer skills as demonstrated by familiarity with databases, as well as word processing, presentation, and personal productivity software.
7. Has demonstrated through prior and/or current employment the ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
8. Has successful prior and/or current employment as documented by references that support satisfactory work habits (including punctuality and satisfactory attendance), as well as the skills necessary to write and interpret state laws and policy governing teacher quality, preparation, and licensure.
NOTE: Selected applicants will be required to demonstrate oral and written communication proficiency through activities during the interview session.
Candidates for employment must complete an official application form that may be obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702. The application may also be downloaded online at http://wvde.state.wv.us/hr/
$72,368.00-$79,368.00 (Commensurate with educational level.)
Closing Date (by 4:00pm Eastern Daylight Time)Apply to
September 21, 2012
Liz Bryant, Secretary
Office of Human Resources
Building 6, Room 264
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0330
WVDE Employment Applications
The following applications are offered as PDF documents. You can download
a copy of Acrobat Reader (a free pdf reader) from http://www.adobe.com
The West Virginia Board of Education and the West Virginia Department of Education do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of their education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702 or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541 [TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.