Troops to Teachers
STEP 4: Find a Job
Once you've enrolled into a state approved teacher preparation program, joined the Transition to Teaching program, become certified as a teacher, or decided to look for positions as a Career and Technical Educator, you will need to find a job. Take the following steps to complete your transition and become a professional educator:
- Access the West Virginia Critical Needs Listing to view top needs for personnel and contact information for each school district.
- Visit the K-12 Job Bank and view job postings statewide. (Note: Some jobs that appear on county school district homepages do not appear on the K-12 Job Bank)
- Use the map on TeachWV.com and click on a star to access information about each school district. Select a school district's homepage and view their full list of vacancies.
- Apply for jobs at each individual school district's homepage.
- Interview with school districts.
- Get hired as a professional educator.
STEP 3: Teacher Preparation