Troops to Teachers
Why are Troops to Teachers members the perfect candidates for your teaching staff?
- 82% of teachers entering through the Troops to Teachers program are male in an ever increasingly female workforce
- 37% of participants are minorities compared to 15% of the teachers that are minorities nationwide
- Participants are filling high needs subject areas as 27% of participants are teaching mathematics in contrast to 7% of all teachers
- 46% of troops to teachers participants have chosen to teach in the sciences, another high needs area, as opposed to only 18% of all teachers nationwide
- 62% of participants hold a masterís degree in an area other than education and 27% hold a masters degree in education
- 58% of all participants agree with the statement that, "Socio-economic background does not prevent students from performing at the highest levels of achievement"
- Participants are also more likely to move from where they are to where the demand for teachers is greatest (including rural areas within the state)
National Center for education Information. (2005). Profile of Troops to Teachers [Brochure]. Washington, D.C.: C. Emily Feistritzer.