Transition to Teaching
Online Portal for Candidates
The application process for Transition to Teaching (TtT) has changed. Candidates for the 2014-2015 school year TtT cohorts will no longer submit a separate written application and wait to hear if they qualify for TtT; interested candidates for Transition to Teaching will now enter their demographic data and other pertinent information into our online portal which will guide candidates to self-analyze their qualifications. The information supplied by candidates will help them determine their eligibility for TtT and guide them to discover their teaching path. ________________________________________________________________
- Desire to accept the challenge of teaching?
- Have a bachelor's degree (or above) from regionally-accredited institution in a major other than education?
- A United States citizen?
- Willing to teach in a shortage area in a West Virginia school district for 3 years while taking online coursework to complete your certification?
- hold certification through the NBPTS
- hold or have held a West Virginia Professional Certificate
- hold a master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- attained, from a single administration, a composite score of 25 on the American College Test (ACT), 26 on the ACT enhanced (effective November 1989), 1035 on the Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT),1125 on the re-centered SAT (effective April 1995), or 1170 on the revised SAT using the combined Critical Reading and Math score (effective March 2005)
- satisfied a passing score in basic skills reading, writing and mathematics in another state
- hold a valid out-of-state certificate in the content area
- successfully completed three years of experience within the last seven years in one or a combination of specializations recognized on an out-of-state professional certificate valid during those three years