Tips for Testing Day
- Get plenty of sleep the night before your test.
- Eat breakfast.
- Double check your transportation and plan to arrive at the Testing Center about 15 minutes early.
What to Bring
Make sure you bring valid photo identification with your current name and address, birth date, and preferably a Social Security number. Only the following are accepted:
- A valid driver's license
- A valid Department of Motor Vehicles picture identification
- A valid passport
- An institutional identification while a resident of the facility (i.e., Job Corps, correctional institutions, etc.)
- Mountaineer Challenge Academy (MCA) cadets may use the MCA ID during the post-residential phase of the program by providing documentation of their status with MCA.
The examiner has the authority to require additional identification for positive verification.
What Not to Bring
- During the test, you cannot keep the following items at your seat.
- Purses or tote bags
- Pagers or cell phones
- Portable music players
- Hand-held electronic games
- Food items
- Textbooks (including dictionaries)
- Notebooks or supplies
- Jackets, coats, or hats
- Other nonessential items
- If you do bring these things to the testing room, you will be able to store them at a specified area within viewing distance. For security sake, leave your valuables at home.