West Virginia TASC™
Congratulations on taking the first step to a better future!
Preparing for and earning the TASC™ credential is one of the most important journeys of your life! Many people just like you have taken the TASC™ Tests to get a better job, continue their education, or prove to themselves they can accomplish dreams they once thought were impossible.
This website will give you an insight to the TASC™; and it will walk you through all the steps needed to prepare for and earn this valuable credential.
The West Virginia Department of Education provides the state TASC™ policy. Questions about the TASC™ tests or any of its policies or procedures should be addressed to the WV State TASC™ Administrator™, Debra Kimbler, 304.558.6315, 800.642.2670.
Info You Should Know
- The TASC™ test measures many of the U.S. Labor Department's necessary workplace skills that are valued by employers.
- More than 90 percent of employers consider those with a TASC test credential the same as traditional high school graduates with regard to hiring, salary, and opportunity for advancement. (Society for Human Resource Management, 2002)
- The TASC test credential is accepted by 97 percent of colleges and universities. (College Board, 2001)
- Each year, one of every 20 college freshmen holds a TASC test credential. (National Center for Education Statistics, 1996)
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, those who have a high school diploma, including a TASC test credential earn $7,400 more than those who did not graduate from high school. This difference represents a 35 percent increase in median annual earnings.