Structure and Protocols
The overall structure of the Simulated Workplace initiative will be governed by a set of protocols to assure consistency and quality in the local implementation of the concept. These protocols include the following requirements:
- Transform the classroom environment into a replicated company.
- Utilize time clocks or some other form of formal attendance recording process.
- Develop/Adhere to the county developed Random Drug Testing Policy, while testing a minimum of 40% of all students enrolled within a Simulated Workplace classroom.
- Conduct an application / interview process for enrolling students.
- Develop a company name and procedures / protocol manual.
- Ensure all students receive quality safety training.
- Begin each class period / session with a 5-10 minute company meeting.
- Submit data reports developed by students and instructor.
- Establish work teams and an organizational system with students rotating across teams.
- Integrate the 5S Continuous Quality Improvement principles.
- Participate in Business and Industry yearly onsite evaluations.
- Utilize a portfolio system for students to document learning, credentials earned, projects completed, etc.