Structure and Protocols
The Simulated Workplace environment (WVBOE Policy 2520.13) is governed by a set of protocols to assure consistency and quality in the local implementation of the concept. These protocols include the requirements below.
Click the blue "play" button next to each protocol for an instructional video.
- Transform the classroom environment into a replicated company.
- Utilize time clocks or some other form of formal attendance recording process.
- Develop/Adhere to the county developed Random Drug Testing Policy, while testing a minimum of 40% of all students enrolled within a Simulated Workplace classroom.
- Conduct an application / interview process for enrolling students.
- Develop a company name and procedures / protocol manual.
- Ensure all students receive quality safety training.
- Conduct 5-10 minute company meetings (daily or weekly).
- Submit data reports developed by students and instructor.
- Establish work teams and an organizational system with students rotating across teams.
- Integrate the 5S Continuous Quality Improvement principles.
- Participate in Business and Industry yearly onsite evaluations.
- Utilize a portfolio system for students to document learning, credentials earned, projects completed, etc.