Structure and Protocols
The overall structure of the Simulated Workplace initiative will be governed by a set of protocols to assure consistency and quality in the local implementation of the concept. These protocols include the following requirements:
- Utilize time clocks or some other form of formal attendance recording process.
- Adhere to the county/schools Random Drug Testing Policy.
- Randomly Drug Test a minimum of 40% of students.
- Conduct an application / interview process for enrolling students.
- Develop a company name and procedures / protocol manual.
- Ensure all students receive quality safety training.
- Submit Quarterly and Annual reports developed by students and instructor.
- Establish work teams and an organizational system with students rotating across teams.
- Ensure all instructors and students have computer access.
* Institutional Education sites - Ensure at least all instructors have computer access
- Participate in Business and Industry yearly onsite evaluations.
- Utilize a portfolio system for students to document learning, credentials earned, projects completed, etc.
- Celebrate end of the year accomplishments.