Establishing a Company
Starting a business is no easy task; however, all successful businesses have one thing in common — "attention to detail". The following guide will assist instructors and students in developing a Simulated Workplace.
During Student Scheduling
- Hire a workforce
- Work with the administrator and/or counselor to arrange a time to conduct an application and interview process for enrolling students.
First Weeks of School
- Review what Simulated Workplace is and student expectations including:
- Transforming the classroom into a workplace/job site
- Time clocks and attendance
- Random drug testing
- Student portfolios
- 5S Continuous Quality Improvement principles:
- Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
- CTE core curriculum
- Begin communication with parents/guardians about Simulated Workplace expectations.
- Develop a company name
- Begin developing and reviewing your company business structure with students. Include:
- Policy and procedure manual
- Organizational chart
- Job roles
- Teams and projects
- Process and protocols for student portfolios
- Protocols for documenting company data
- Assign students to teams and job roles within the teams.
- Complete Safety Training with a 100% pass rate.
- Complete pre-assessment on WIN or Key Train.