Process for Developing a Simulated Workplace
Starting a business is no easy task; however, all successful businesses have one thing in common: attention to detail. The following guide will assist instructors and students in developing a successful Simulated Workplace environment.
During Student Scheduling
- Hire a workforce: Work with the administrator and/or counselor to arrange a time to conduct an application and interview process for enrolling students.
First Weeks of School
- Review what Simulated Workplace is and student expectations including:
- Transforming the classroom into a workplace/job site
- Time clocks and attendance
- Drug testing policy
- Student portfolios
- 5S environment: Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
- CTE core curriculum
- Begin communication with parents/guardians about Simulated Workplace expectations.
- Develop a company name
- Begin developing and reviewing your company business structure with students. Include: protocol review
- company Handbook
- organizational chart
- work teams and job roles
- expected projects
- process and protocols for preparing for the CTE Technical Assessment
- process for documenting company data
- Assign students to teams and job roles within the teams.
- Complete Safety Training with a 100% pass rate.
- Review the Business & Industry Scorecard with students to prepare for the onsite business review.