Pre-K and Kindergarten
Welcome to the Office of Early Learning Online Resources Site. Below you will find links to webinar segments and other online professional development opportunities. These sessions are designed to provide the classroom teachers information to support their classroom practice. The sessions may be viewed independently or in small groups. Some sessions indicate that related resources are available online. These resources may be found on the Office of Learning Resources Google Site.
Our online sessions are available on WVDE YouTube channel in the "Office of Early Learning Professional Development" playlist. Additional links and information for each video can be found in the video description.
- WV Early Learning Reporting System: Kindergarten - Part 1
- WV Early Learning Reporting System: Kindergarten - Part 2
- WV Early Learning Reporting System: Kindergarten Family Report 1 Tutorial
- WV Early Learning Standards Framework Professional Development System
- 2011 Kindergarten Academy - Teacher Leadership Institute
- Counting & Cardinality Segment
- Experiential Learning Segment
Transforming Calendar into the Next Generation Morning Meeting
- Video 1
- Video 2 (Planning)
- Calendar Time for Young Children Good Intentions Gone Awry
- Morning Meeting Planning Template
Additional Kindergarten Resources
- Kindergarten Resource Guide
- The Power of Kindergarten: 10 Policies Leading to Positive Child Outcomes
- New Jersey Kindergarten Professional Development Videos - High-Quality Kindergarten Today is a 3-part series that highlights best practices in kindergarten based on the comprehensive NJ Kindergarten Implementation Guidelines. Throughout the series, Dr. Dorothy Strickland, Rutgers University, talks about developmentally appropriate teaching practices in the kindergarten classroom.
- Top 10 Signs of a Good Kindergarten Classroom - This is a useful NAEYC one-pager regarding the characteristics of a “good” kindergarten classroom.