West Virginia National Technical Assistance Committee
The West Virginia National Technical Assistance Committee (TAC) was established in 2002 to provide guidance and recommendations to the West Virginia Department of Education in meeting federal requirements for state accountability assessment programs. Members of the TAC were selected based upon their expertise in statewide, national and international assessments, inclusion of students with disabilities and limited English proficiency, standards, and systems alignment The TAC has provided input on a variety of issues including reporting, sampling, standard setting, accommodations, universal design, NCLB Peer Review and designs for assessment research studies.
TAC Members are recognized nationally for their knowledge and experiences. They include
Dr. Damian Betebenner, Senior Associate, The National Center for the Improvement of Educational Assessment, Inc.
- Dr. Dale Carlson, Consultant
- Dr. William Mullett, Director of the Kanawha County Schools Department of Counseling and Testing
- Dr. Gary Phillips, Chief Scientist, American Institutes for Research
- Dr. Grace Ross, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Dr. Doris Redfield, CEO Edvantia
- Dr. Alan Sheinker, Senior Director Product Management, CTB/McGraw-Hill
- Dr. Jan Sheinker, Consultant, Sheinker Educational Services, Inc.
- Dr. Norman Webb, Senior Research Scientist, Wisconsin Center for Education Research, University of Wisconsin
- Juan D'Brot , Executive Director, Office of Assessment and Accountability, West Virginia Department of Education
- Larry White, Executive Director, Office of Research, West Virginia Department of Education