CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The National Teachers Hall of Fame is looking for a few good teachers. The organization is seeking nomination for its annual induction ceremony. Each year, the National Teachers hall of Fame honors five teachers who have demonstrated commitment and dedication to teaching the nation’s children.
Candidates must be certified classroom teachers with at least 20 years experience teaching Pre-K through grade 12. Anyone can make a nomination.
Hall of Fame inductees will receive the following awards each year:
· A plaque bearing their picture, name and brief description for display in their school and the Hall of Fame
· Signet ring and lapel pin
· A $1,000 scholarship for a student in the inductee's school district who is planning to pursue a degree in education
· $1,000 in materials for their school district
· A permanent display in The National Teachers Hall of Fame
· A cast bronze bell tower award
· A woodcut of a country school scene
Nomination information and forms are available on the organization’s Web site at http://www.nthf.org/nominate.htm. For more information, contact the Office of Communications at (304) 558-2699.