|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Instruct students in basic academic skills, high school equivalency preparation, and college entrance preparation when needed.
2. Assist each student in developing an individual program of study based upon the student’s goals and skill levels.
3. Assist students in developing realistic primary and secondary job and training goals.
4. Administer/interpret appropriate assessment instruments when necessary.
5. Conduct confidential student interviews.
6. Prepare local, state and other agency reports as required.
7. Be an effective member of the site team in planning and coordinating programming at classroom location.
8. Coordinate with other members of the team in maintaining instructional staff coverage of the SPOKES/ABE class schedule.
9. Assist the site team in establishing and maintaining open and effective communications with community organizations, adult career and technical education centers, college programs, businesses/employers, local DHHR, and Workforce WV Career Centers.
10. Work in a team effort with full time instructors, part time instructors, special team teachers, volunteer tutors, vocational teachers and staff, RESA 7 Adult Education Coordinator, and WV Adult Ed. state and regional staff.
11. Participate in required meetings, training, and professional development.
12. Maintain adult license or teacher certification by meeting WVDE certification standards.
13. Perform other duties as relate to the RESA 7 Adult Education Programs.
14. Communicate and coordinate with the instructor of the SPOKES program.
1. Protects the privacy, confidentiality, and security of all information pertaining to WVABE students according to WVABE and RESA policies.
2. Works effectively as a member of an educational team.
3. Demonstrates self-control and exhibits an attitude of mutual respect.
4. Behaves ethically and demonstrates good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
5. Works collaboratively with personnel from other agencies.
6. Demonstrates enthusiasm and creates a positive learning environment.
REPORTS TO: RESA 7 Executive Director and RESA 7 Adult Education Regional Coordinator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Four year degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 2.5 GPA and WV Teacher Certification (preferred) and eligible for an Adult License. (Official college transcripts will be required upon employment.)
2. Experience working with adults, particularly at-risk populations.
This position is grant-funded based on availability of funding. RESA 7 employment agreements are for one year or less. The execution of this employment agreement is contingent upon funding.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
It is the policy of RESA 7 to maintain a learning and working environment that is free from drug, alcohol, and tobacco abuse. RESA 7 prohibits any form of racial, sexual, religious and/or ethnic harassment or violence.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
RESA 7 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin or handicapping condition. No discrimination based upon such factors will be made in the selection, salary, promotion, demotion, transfer or termination of any employee.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
RESA 7-Upshur County
Understanding of diverse academic,socioeconomic,cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
2. Knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners.
3. Ability to work with adults with special learning needs/disabilities.
4. Teamwork and strong interpersonal/human relationship skills.
5. Effective oral/written communication skills.
6. Ability to work cooperatively with adult educators, the local Department of Health and Human Resources, and other agencies and organizations.
7. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work within established timelines.
8. Self-motivated; Ability to work independently with little supervision.
9. Ability to provide basic academic skills, job readiness, life-coping skills and computer-aided instruction for adult learners.
10. Ability to use technology in the day-to-day responsibilities of this position.
11. Adult Education pre-service training required, including but not limited to peer training, job shadowing, curriculum training, and data management software.
Part time salary is $19/hour. May work up to 20 hours a week.
The employment agreement for this position is part time. This is on an annual basis contingent upon grant funding, commencing during Fiscal Year 2018
Send letter of application, resume, College transcripts and RESA 7 employment application to:
1201 N 15th Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.