|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
1. Instruct students in job readiness skills, work process skills, life-coping skills, computer skills and WorkKeys® preparation.
2. Administer/interpret appropriate assessment instruments when necessary.
3. Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance.
4. Prepare and submit applicable data relating to student enrollment, progress, and completion (or termination) as required by the SPOKES program.
5. Be an effective member of the site team by meeting with other staff members to plan and coordinate programming.
6. Coordinate with other members of the team to communicate with referring agencies regarding progress or challenges faced with individual customers.
7. Assist the site team in maintaining contact with individual adult technical education/college programs, Workforce WV staff and individual employers.
8. Perform other duties as related to the SPOKES program.
1. Work effectively as a member of an educational team.
2. Demonstrate self-control and exhibit an attitude of mutual respect with colleagues and program participants.
3. Exhibit ethical behavior and demonstrate good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
4. Demonstrate enthusiasm and create a positive learning environment.
5. Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with personnel from other agencies.
6. Maintain confidentiality of student information as outlined in Section 4 of the WV AdultEd. Instructor Handbook.
7. Participate in at least the minimum required professional development sessions per year depending on the number of hours per week of employment:
-Full-time: Each program year, 12 hours of sessions required.
This position is grant-funded based on availability of funding. RESA 7 employment agreements are for one year or less. The execution of this employment agreement is contingent upon funding.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
It is the policy of RESA 7 to maintain a learning and working environment that is free from drug, alcohol, and tobacco abuse. RESA 7 prohibits any form of racial, sexual, religious and/or ethnic harassment or violence.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
RESA 7 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin or handicapping condition. No discrimination based upon such factors will be made in the selection, salary, promotion, demotion, transfer or termination of any employee.
SPOKES Career Readiness Program(year-round program)
Full Time 240 day (pro-rated through June 30, 2018; grant funded
REPORTS TO: RESA 7 Executive Director or designee
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Must be received by 3:00 p.m., Friday, January 5, 2018.
RESA 7-Monongalia County
1. Professional teaching certificate (preferred) or eligible for an adult license for Adult Basic Education (four year college degree – minimum of 2.5 GPA in original course work; a minimum of 3.0 in course work used in maintenance of certificate or adult license).
2. Prior experience in teaching adults preferred.
3. Knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners preferred.
4. Computer instructional skills required.
5. Effective oral/written communication skills required.
6. Experience with software management systems preferred.
7. Ability to provide basic academic skills, job-readiness, and life-coping skills to adult learners required.
8. Ability to attend teacher training prior to the first class meeting required.
9. Ability to work collaboratively with other agencies and organizations, specifically the Department of Health and Human Resources and the local Workforce WV Center.
Per RESA 7 Salary Schedule based on certification or licensure and years of experience
The employment agreement for this position is full time for a 240-day agreement issued on an annual basis contingent upon grant funding, commencing during Fiscal Year 2018 (pro-rated for the remainder of the 2018 fiscal year.)
Send letter of application, resume and RESA 7 employment application to:
Adult Education Regional Coordinator
1201 N. 15th Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.