|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name City County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
1. To plan, develop and implement programs that facilitate physical therapy services to students.
2. To gather and interpret data relevant to physical therapy services for students.
3. To provide physical therapy services to students as recommended by a medical doctor.
4. To communicate effectively with other school personnel and parents/guardians.
5. To assist students in securing proper medical care and modified materials/equipment.
6. To serve on the Student Assistance Program team as appropriate.
7. To assist in securing a doctor’s referral.
8. To evaluate the progress of physically handicapped students.
9. To interpret all physical therapy evaluations.
10. To participate on Placement Advisory Committees as appropriate.
11. To participate in the development, evaluation and revision of the individualized Education Program, Total Service Plan and the implementation plan.
12. To develop a therapy schedule in cooperation with the Director of Exceptional Education.
13. To inventory materials and equipment to be used in the delivery of physical therapy services.
14. To consult with special and regular educators, physical education teachers and aides regarding the handling and education of physically handicapped students.
15. To develop individual physical therapy plans.
16. To select and demonstrate for other personnel the most appropriate ambulation device, positioning aid, wheelchair or other assistive devices.
17. To assist educators with the modification of activities to promote the physically handicapped student’s motor development and participation in such activities.
18. To assist other school personnel with activities of daily living for the physically handicapped student (i.e., self-care, eating, dressing, toileting, and mobility).
19. To make presentations as requested.
20. To complete and submit reports in a timely manner as required by law, the West Virginia Department of Education and/or the county Board of Education.
21. To report the presence of any situation that may be harmful to the health and safety of the students and/or staff.
22. To identify and refer for screening and evaluation of any child who has learning deficiencies.
23. To advise the principal of the presence of any situation that may require immediate intervention so as not to hinder the instructional program.
24. To accept responsibility for the behavior of students assigned.
25. To supervise students at all times in accordance with state, county and school policies.
26. To attend all faculty senate and other required meetings.
27. To fulfill annual continuing education requirements and attend other required training programs.
28. To maintain professional work habits.
29. To maintain and upgrade professional skills.
30. To perform other duties as assigned by the school principal or the Director of Special Education.
2018-035 RVB ITINERANT
Holds a valid license to serve as a physical therapist through the West Virginia Board of Physical Therapy.
Application must be received by
4:00 p.m. on closing date.
JOB POSTING HOTLINE 752-7409
Unless otherwise noted,
positions are contracted for
Elizabeth Thompson/Director of Personnel; Logan County Schools
P.O. Box 477
Logan, WV 25601
(304) 792-2058, FAX (304) 792-
Job Location or School Name
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.