|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name City County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
• Report to the building principal and her/his designee upon arrival at the school building.
• Review with the principal or department head all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
• Maintain as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
• Utilize teaching aids effectively and satisfactorily.
• Make effective use of the lesson plans outlined by the regular teacher and/or develop appropriate plans.
• Maintain good room appearance and physical condition. Ascertain that students take care of the equipment and furniture.
• Maintain a good emotional climate in the room.
• Develop a good student-teacher relationship.
• Provide adequate knowledge of subject matter.
• Have a good general appearance and poise.
• Have good voice quality and speech. Pay particular attention to grammar.
• Have a good attitude toward teaching and the profession.
• Engage in effective communication with students.
• Show initiative and dependability-report to assignment at least 75% of the times called.
• Follow the same time schedule for reporting and departing the school as the regular teacher.
• Work cooperatively with the administration and teachers in the school concerned.
• Consult, as appropriate, with the building principal before initiating any teaching or other procedure not specified by the regular classroom teacher.
• Report, in writing, on the day’s activities at the conclusion of each teaching day.
• Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned by the principal.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA FOR TEACHERS (Based on State Board Policy 5310):
Calhoun County Schools
(If no fully qualified applicants apply and accept the position when offered, applicants who can obtain the appropriate permit shall be considered.)
• Hold or be eligible for a West Virginia Teaching Certificate, Long-Term or Short-Term Substitute Teaching Permit.
As Per State Adopted Substitute Salary Schedule
Closes at 3:00 p.m.
Completed professional application for employment; current transcripts, resume, WV Teaching certificate or Long-Term or Short-Term Substitute Teaching permit, two letters of reference and two previous evaluations per WVSB Policy 5310 (if applicable) to:
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.