|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
• Serve as case manager and provide direct and indirect services to students with Blindness and Low Vision.
• Attend IEP meetings and develop goals and services for students on caseload.
• Adhere to policy and other requirements providing services in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Organize and schedule services for students with various abilities and needs from a variety of schools.
• Perform functional vision evaluations, learning media assessments, and orientation and mobility assessments providing written reports and corresponding recommendations and subsequent services.
• Act as a liaison with outside agencies to support and enhance the visual capacity and needs of students.
• Maintains appropriate records. Complete assessments and written reports on each student. Provide progress notes when required.
• Attend IEP meetings and provide supplements to the individual education program for student receiving vision and/or orientation and mobility services and for students that have been given an orientation and mobility evaluation and a functional vision assessment.
• Provide instruction in the Expanded Core Curriculum for Blind and Low Vision Students, when appropriate, including braille instruction.
• Traveling required.
• Other duties as assigned
REPORTS TO: RESA 7 Executive Director, or designee
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Special Education Support Specialist
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 19, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
• WV Certification in Vision Impairments (required)
• Certification in Orientation and Mobility (preferred)
• National Certification by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals – ACVREP (preferred)
RESA 7 Pay scale
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 200 days prorated for the 2017-18 school year.
Send letter of application, resume and RESA 7 employment application to:
Special Education Support Specialist
1201 N 15th Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.