|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
Job Goal: Support efforts to ensure that teaching and learning are designed and aligned using strategies to support student learning and engagement. Provide a rigorous instructional program in the service of closing the achievement gap and creating a safe, structured learning community to foster citizenship skills and higher order thinking to meet expectations for learning.
Increase the academic proficiency of all students, specifically the target proficiency rate of students with disabilities, utilizing a data driven intervention framework, to build that capacity to identify needs and determine strategies and practices designed for individual schools.
To provide assistance to identified schools, identifying and resolving barriers to achievement for all students.
Intervention Support Specialist Roles and Responsibilities:
Participate in activities designed to provide coaching, support and technical assistance for identified schools.
• Implement, and/or participate in the identified school and Subgroup Intervention Trainings as well as required professional learning provided through the WVDE OSE
• Provide and monitor implementation of professional learning and coaching aligned with WVDE Office of Special Education (OSE) goals and objectives for identified schools
• Ensure any data and/or information needed for the WVDE OSE identified school project evaluation is collected and reported in a timely manner to designated staff
• Complete the monthly WVDE OSE RS3 Log activities as well as any additional documentation of activities
• Schedule and conduct regular school visits
• Participate in other responsibilities that may be assigned by the WVDE to meet goals and objectives
• Support requests from D and F schools that focus on increasing student achievement
Support School Leadership Teams in the following components of the identified school activities:
• Provide guidance to schools and attend grade level PLCs.
• Provide professional learning to support the implementation of the identified school activities required at the school.
• Provide leadership, support and technical assistance to schools and research and develop strategies/plans for overcoming identified deficiencies.
• Assist schools in developing a coherent and aligned set of expectations necessary to transform schools into outcome focused, innovative, accountable learning organizations as outlined in W.Va. 126CSR12, West Virginia Board of Education Policy 2322: Standards for High Quality Schools.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to teachers.
• Utilize research, best practices and assessments data to assist teachers and administrators in making informed choices about curriculum, instruction and instructional materials.
• Provide guidance to the principal regarding best practices, knowledge of data analysis, resource allocation and managerial practices of the school.
REPORTS TO: RESA 7 Executive Director, or designee
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Special Education Support Specialist
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 19, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
RESA 7- Work with Cabell, Jefferson, Mineral, Preston & Upshur Counties
• Master's degree in education
• Experience with specially designed instruction
• Experience teaching students in special education
• Experience with technology and data analysis
• Leadership experience
• Knowledge of Effective Models of Co-Teaching
• Knowledge of use of data to improve learning conditions and opportunities
• Experience as a Co-Teacher
• Experience with IEPs, 504s, Behavior Intervention Plans and SAT Plans
• Current WV Teaching Certificate
RESA 7 Pay scale
POSITION: Intervention Support Specialist (Co-teaching Coach)
Position is Grant Funded through the West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE), Office of Special Education (OSE)
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 200 days prorated for the 2017-18 school year
Send letter of application, resume and RESA 7 employment application to:
Special Education Support Specialist
1201 N 15th Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.