| WV K-12 Education Job-Bank
|| Open |
|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
The mentor teacher will provide supervision to a beginning teacher for the purpose of
providing assistance for induction into job assignment.
The mentor teacher will receive supervision from, and be responsible to the building
1) Participate as a member of a professional support team assigned to the beginning teacher. This team shall be responsible for providing supervision for all areas of the beginning teacher’s job description and assignments.
2) Attend, supervise, and extend the county and school employee orientations held during the first part of the employment year
3) Cooperate in an effort to coordinate his/her planning period with that of the beginning teacher, if possible.
4) Observe the beginning teacher's classroom teaching skills for at least one hour per week during the first half of the school year. (Observation time may be reduced to one
hour every two weeks during the second half of the school year at the discretion of the mentor teacher in consultation with the principal.
5) Provide supervision through weekly meetings with the beginning teacher. During these meetings the mentor and beginning teacher will discuss the performance of the beginning teacher and any needed improvements. (During the second semester if the mentor teacher and principal decide that the observations described in the previous
item may be reduced, weekly meetings may also be reduced to those held every other week.
6) Participate in monthly meetings of the support team to discuss the performance of the beginning teacher.
7) Participate in the design, planning, and implementation of and/or make recommendations of staff development activities for completion by the beginning teacher.
8) Cooperate in being released from regular duties to perform the duties of the Mentor (Alternative to the position of substitute teachers may be sought.)
9) Complete the 12-hour Center for Professional Development Teacher Mentor Training Program.
10) Assume other duties as directed by the building principal.
Job Location or School Name
Gilmer County Schools
Must be an experienced teacher
Prefer individual to be on staff at the same school and teach same/similar subject
as teacher to be mentored
Be recommended by the principal and/or faculty senate
Be recommended by the county superintendent
Successfully complete all state and local mentor training, including the
12-hour Center for Prof. Development Teacher Mentor Training Program
Comply with all other requirements of Policy 5900 and §18A-3-2b School Laws of WV
$600 per position
3 Positions Available - Mentor Teachers for:1. Mentor Teacher, Title I Reading (Fox), TES
2. Mentor Teacher, Elementary 3rd Grade (Szeliga), SFES
3. Mentor Teacher, Elementary 3rd Grade (Stout), TES
Gilmer County Schools
201 N. Court Street
Glenville, WV 26351
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.