|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Grade Level Description Job Location or School Name County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
1. Successful experience in teaching children mathematics.
2. Comprehensive knowledge about the content and methodology of mathematics instruction in the areas of standards based and project based learning.
3. Knowledge of the Support for Personalized Learning (SPL) Model.
4. Knowledge of the Common Core State Standards (Next Generation Content Standards and Objectives of WV) for Mathematics.
5. Experience in assessing student skills and knowledge mathematics, using a variety of formal and informal assessment tools.
6. Knowledge of and experience with using assessment results to guide instruction.
7. Experience and personal characteristics that predict success in working with and coaching professionals with varying levels of responsibility for mathematics education and knowledge of mathematics instruction.
1. Assume a leadership role in improving children’s chances for achieving their maximum mathematics potential.
2. Work cooperatively with teachers and administrators.
3. Provide leadership in the development of mathematics initiatives.
4. Research and develop strategies/plans for overcoming identified deficiencies.
5. Have a proactive orientation to resolving conflicts and problems.
6. Provide coaching/mentoring for teachers and administrators in the implementation of mathematics initiatives to include: formal and informal discussions, coaching sessions, demonstration lessons with pre- and post- discussion/analysis, study groups, staff meetings, training sessions, and workshops.
7. Provide oversight and coordination of mathematics screenings and assessments.
8. Collect and disseminate mathematics assessment/screening results to appropriate personnel.
9. Maintain confidentiality of assessment results and personnel issues.
10. Design, coordinate, lead, and oversee professional development activities in the area of mathematics.
11. Provide content knowledge and resources about teaching and learning mathematics in the areas of: instructional strategies, assessment, interpretation of assessment results, classroom management, and practices that promote mathematics.
12. Observe/monitor classroom instruction to ensure mathematics plan is being implemented appropriately.
13. Participate in parent involvement activities.
14. Adhere to policies and procedures of the West Virginia Department of Education and the Barbour County Board of Education.
15. Assist educators in implementing the West Virginia Next Generation Content Standards and Objectives in the area of mathematics.
16. Utilize research, best practices, and assessment data to assist teachers and administrators in making informed choices about curriculum, instruction, and instructional materials.
17. Ask for help and resources when needed.
18. Maintain paperwork and other documentation consistently, appropriately, and in a timely manner.
19. Collect and maintain documentation of trainings.
20. Disseminate assessment results to appropriate personnel.
21. Provide assessment trend data to appropriate personnel.
22. Exemplify collegial behavior and commitment to teamwork.
23. Keep abreast of current research-based mathematics practices.
24. Obtain prior approval from your immediate supervisor before distributing written communication and other media.
25. Other duties as assigned.
Reports to – RESA 7 Executive Director or designee
RESA 7-Philippi Elementary School
Masters Degree in Mathematics- Out of county applicants must successfully interview
Daily Rate as per Title 1 1003(a) grant.
Employment Term – 60 Days for the 2013/2014 school year as scheduled by Director and/or Principal.
Application Deadline: August 5, 2013 by 4:00 pm
Send letter of application and resume to:
Director of Special Education
1201 N 15th Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.