|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
Documented evidence of public school psychologist experience preferred.
to apply psychological understanding and skills in the school setting; to provide comprehensive psychological services to students in the form of evaluations, consultations, crisis intervention, counseling, training, program analysis, as well as keeping abreast of current research and best practices in school psychology.
Plans, prepares, and implements new programs or facilitates change in the existing program,
organizes, direct, and coordinates programs,
gathers and interprets data for individuals, groups or programs, delivers service to students or others,
collaborates with school personnel and/or parents to coordinate the delivery of services to students or others,
facilitates professional development activities to achieve goals and achievement of desired goals,
develops and improves individual competencies and skills to deliver services, and demonstrates competency in the knowledge and implementation of technology standards.
EVALUATION: By the Director of Special Education using Upshur County Board of
Education Policy 4117
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
I. Be knowledgeable of Policy 2419: The Regulations for the Education of Students with Exceptionalities, IDEA 2004: The individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of2004 and the IDEA regulations, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
2. Conducts psychological evaluations and re-evaluations and provide written reports through the administration and
interpretation of a variety of test batteries including utilizing cross-battery assessment techniques .
3. Assists the Eligibility Committee with regard to interpreting data and other relevant information necessary for determining placement for special education services and delivery of services.
4. Familiarity with Support for Personalized Learning (SPL) data analysis: identifying patterns of strengths and weaknesses, level of learning, rate of learning, and gap analysis.
5. Consults with Specialists in the Special Education Office and other county professionals that include school counselors, school nurses, school/county administrators.
6. Attends IEP meetings as needed and directed to assist in formulating educational programming for the student pertaining to his/her learning and psychological needs.
7. Provides professional development training to county personnel.
8. Assists in the supervision of staff and coordination of programs, as designated by the Director of Special Education, to facilitate referrals for evaluations and educational programming.
9. Acts as a liaison between school or county system and juvenile court, mental health agencies, and other childcentered organizations.
10. Prepares and submits required reports as indicated by the Director of Special Education
11. Keeps abreast of new trends in the field of special education and child development and updates skills and knowledge regarding current intervention, assessment techniques, and instruments.
12. Performs risk assessments involving threats of individuals to self and/or others, the need for psychological interventions, and/or referral to community mental health centers.
13. Assists in Medicaid billing for students with disabilities.
14. Assists students, parents, and educators with crisis situations, which may require knowledge of local resources such as medical/psychiatric specialists, provisions for emergency psychiatric hospitalization, child abuse services, and a total network of resources for acute needs.
15. Provides short term counseling to students periodically.
16. Assists the case manager of preschool with duties as assigned by Director of Special Education.
17. Performs any other duties considered necessary by the Director of Special Education.
REPORTS TO: RESA 7 Executive Director or designee
RESA 7-Upshur County Schools
Certification in School Psychology as required by the West Virginia State Department of Education.
According to Upshur County Salary Schedule for School Psychologist
EMPLOYMENT TERM : 220 days
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 5, 2013 by 4:00 pm
Send letter of application and resume to:
Director of Special Education
1201 N 15th Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.