|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
Job Description: Transition/Assistive Technology Specialist is located in Randolph County and is responsible for providing services to special education students served by Randolph County Schools. This contract professional reports directly to the Director of Special Education and will work closely with special education, educational assessment and school counseling professionals within the county. In addition this contract professional will network with and develop service relationships/trainings with community agencies/professionals and parents who work with individuals with disabilities throughout the RESA 7 area.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of medical, psychological, vocational and technical evaluations of disabilities.
* Knowledge of medical, psychological, psychiatric, technical and legal terminology.
* Knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding access for people with disabilities.
* Knowledge of school system/community resources related to individuals with disabilities.
* Knowledge related to academic difficulties experienced by students with disabilities in the postsecondary setting.
* Familiarity with postsecondary resources for students with disabilities experiencing academic difficulties.
* Knowledge of computer programs, assistive technology and alternative formats for individuals with disabilities.
* Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction, for individuals and assessment of training efforts.
* Skills in developing and delivering specialized professional consultations and trainings on disability issues and academic support.
* Skills working with individuals with a wide range of disabilities including but not limited to psychiatric, attention, learning, vision/blindness, hearing/deafness and mobility disabilities.
* Skills communicating complex technical matters related to disabilities both verbally and in writing.
* Skills in counseling, clinical skills, and case management.
* Skills with alternative formatting and assistive technology software, such as Read & Write Gold, Kurzweil 3000, ZoomText, JAWS and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
* Skills with personal computing and related software, such as word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
* Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of individuals with disabilities.
* Ability to observe, access, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
* Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality standards and protocol.
* Ability to make decisions and work independently.
* Ability to interpret results of Psycho-educational Assessments in order to provide students with needed services and academic/vocational interventions.
* Ability to assess students possible needs for assistive technology and provided referral resources if needed.
* Plans/coordinates transition plans for secondary students preparing for postsecondary education/employment,
* Counsels/meets with students to identify and determine functional limitations caused by a disability requiring work place/postsecondary accommodations and/or effecting vocational placement,
* Reviews/analyzes documentation (medical, psychological, vocational, etc.) of disabling conditions accuracy, validity, and to determine eligibility for services,
* Administer/score vocational assessments to determine/support students postsecondary educational/vocational goals,
* Consults with teachers/administrators/parents/psychologists/guidance counselors/rehabilitation counselors/physicians, etc., about services available for students to reach appropriate education and/or vocational goals beyond their k-12 education,
* Serves as advocate for students transitioning to postsecondary education/employment,
* Maintains strict confidentiality in verbal and written communication,
* Serves on various school system/community committees, as appropriate, including academic support, special education, social services, etc.,
* Develops and implements policies and procedures related to the requesting, processing and distribution of alternative formats (text, web, electronic media, etc.) to K-12 special education students served by Randolph County Schools,
* Oversees the creation and distribution of alternative formatted materials (text, web, electronic media, etc.) to special education students served by Randolph County Schools,
* Develops and implements policies and procedures related to the requesting, processing and distribution of assistive technology (speech to text, text to speech, low vision aids, etc.) to K-12 special education students served by Randolph County Schools,
* Responsible for coordinating/delivering, trainings, educational events and workshops related to postsecondary transition, alternative formats and assistive technology for key stakeholders (students, teachers, administrators, parents, etc.) in Randolph County and throughout RESA 7,
* Determines needed web content related to programs, events and services associated with postsecondary transition, alternative formats and assistive technology within Randolph County Schools,
* Follows all County and state policies and procedures related to serving special education students.
Reports to: RESA 7 Executive Director or designee
RESA 7-Randolph County Schools
Qualifications: Masterís Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Education, Special Education or related field.
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRC): this qualification is necessary for understanding clinical evaluations, developing vocational/educational transition plans and to determine/train on assistive technology.
Randolph County professional pay scale
Employment Term: 200 days
Application Deadline: August 5, 2013 by 4:00 pm
Send letter of application and resume to:
Director of Special Education
1201 N 15th Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.