| WV K-12 Education Job-Bank
|| Open |
|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Part-time Adult Basic Education Program Instructor (Pleasants & Tyler Counties)
1. Instruct students in Microsoft Office, life-coping skills, computer skills,
WorkKeys, basic academic skills, Pre-GED, GED, college entrance preparation, and
job readiness skills
2. Instruct students in computer literacy skills including internet, email, and
academic software programs.
3. Develop an individual program of study for each student based upon the
student’s goals and skill levels.
4. Administer/Interpret appropriate assessment instruments when necessary.
5. Conduct confidential student interviews.
6. Utilize a variety of instructional methods and materials that meet individual
7. Apply accommodations for students with special learning needs and make
referrals for diagnosis and special support service when appropriate.
8. Maintain accurate records of student progress, attendance, and achievements in
the Adult Education Management Information System (AEMIS).
9. Prepare local, state and other agency reports as required by the SPOKES/ABE
10. Establish and maintain linkages with community agencies/businesses, career
and technical centers, and college programs.
11. Communicate frequently with referring agencies regarding progress and/or
challenges faced by the individual students.
12. Perform other duties related to the SPOKES/ABE program as assigned.
Job Location or School Name
1. Professional teaching certificate (preferred) or eligible for an adult
license for Adult Basic Education (four year college degree – minimum of
2.5 GPA in original course work; a minimum of 3.0 in course work used in
maintenance of certificate or adult license).
2. Ability to attend pre-service training with peer trainer prior to first
class meeting required.
3. Computer instructional skills required: MS Office, Windows 7, Email
programs, Internet search engines.
4. Ability to provide basic academic skills, job-readiness, and life-
coping skills to adult learners required.
5. Effective oral/written communication skills required.
6. Ability to work collaboratively with ABE instructor, local Department
of Health and Human Resources, West Virginia Workforce Office, staff of the
local One-Stop Center and other referral agencies required.
7. Prior experience in teaching adults preferred.
8. Knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners is preferred.
9. Experience with software management systems preferred.
$19.00/hr (12-15 hrs/week)
The agreement for this position is part-time, as needed basis, for FY 2014.
Send a letter of application, resume and the names of three references with
telephone numbers and email addresses to:
Ralph S. Board
2507 Ninth Avenue
Parkersburg, WV 26101
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.