|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Grade Level Description Job Location or School Name City County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
FOR THE POSITION OF: Pre-K Special Needs/Transportation AIDE
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To enhance the learning process by assisting the classroom teacher.
I. The service employee shall maintain positive work habits. The performance criteria for this area shall include:
A. Observation of work hours.
C. Compliance with rule.
D. Safety practices.
E. Meeting schedules.
F. Accepting change.
G. Appearance of work area.
II. The service employee performs duties efficiently and productively. The performance criteria for this area shall include:
A. Work judgments.
B. Planning and organizing.
C. Quality of work.
D. Accepting responsibility.
E. Following instructions.
F. Efficiency under stress.
G. Operation and care of equipment.
H. Work coordination.
III. The service employee maintains and/or upgrades skills. The performance criteria for this area shall include:
A. Knowledge of work.
B. Job-related training.
WVBE Policy 5314
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSBILITIES:
1. Maintain confidentiality of students and their families. Direct all inquiries for any information through classroom teacher.
2. Supervise students in presence or absence of teacher.
3. Assist in toileting needs of children (training, diapering, cleaning child as necessary).
4. Assist in feeding needs of children (preparing foods to be served, feeding, training, cleanup routines).
5. Assist in health and hygiene programs(such as brushing teeth, etc.)
6. Maintain health and sanitation needs of environment (such as washing utensils, disinfecting furniture or materials, etc.)
7. Provide individual or group training as instructed by classroom teacher.
8. Maintain date pertinent to individual progress of students.
9. Prepare instructional materials as directed by teacher.
10. Follow behavior management approach to training sessions, and disruptive behavior.
11. Any and all duties assigned by classroom teachers.
12. Assist in transportation of students by riding the mode of transportation, if needed.
13. Participate in 18 hours of professional development yearly as described in the county Pre-K plan.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Hold classification title in category of employment or meet the definition of the job title pursuant to WV Code 18-4-8c
• Possess the knowledge, skills and ability to successfully carry out responsibilities of the position.
Based on West Virginia State Salary Scale for Service Personnel
Posting S13-201-06 SUBMIT:
Appl; Current transcripts for undergraduate and graduate work; Previous two evals. Current employees submit Bid Sheet. Incomplete appl packets will not be considered.MUST BE RECD BY: 7-5-13– 3:00 p.m.
Ronald Blankenship, Superintendent
Gilmer County Schools
201 N. Court Street
Glenville, WV 26351
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.