|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name City County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Job URL County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
Experience in the following preferred:
• Troubleshooting and repairing hardware issues on PCs, laptops and servers;
• Repairing and troubleshooting Windows 2000-2007 applications;
• Administrative duties on servers running Windows 2003-2008 and VMware
• Repairing and solving problems with LAN using NetBIOS, TCP/IP and IPX/SPX in a wired and wireless environment;
• Assessing, planning and installing wired and wireless LAN and hardware (switches, mobile laptop carts, controllers and access points, etc.)
• Cabling, including, but not limited to pulling cables, terminating cable and managing switches;
• Prior work experience in a school setting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• The technician will be responsible to the KCS Director of Technology.
• The technician will be responsible to follow directions, county protocols, complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, and work as part of a team and/or independently.
• The computer technician will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of hardware, software and network environment, (including wired and wireless) in all Kanawha County Schools.
• Duties and tasks may include, but not be limited to: creating and imaging computers, trouble shooting connectivity problems, installing and removing software, installing and removing cable drops, set up, maintain and troubleshoot servers, wireless controller and access points, installation and maintenance of stand-alone and network printers, PDA management, virus prevention and clean up, etc.
• The technician will be responsible to assist Kanawha County School staff members with problems related to web-based, server-based and/or stand-alone software, (e.g. Norton’s, Microsoft Office, West Virginia Educational Information System, (WVEIS), Compass Learning Educational Software, etc.), and interact with school staff in a professional manner.
• The technician will be responsible to maintain service records using a web-based maintenance program.
• The position may include other activities which may be assigned by designated Kanawha County personnel.
A+ Certification Required
Two (2) years successful experience working in the field preferred.
Cisco Certification or comparable certifications preferred.
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Network Systems Analysis & Integration/ technology/information systems preferred.
$32,448 - $42,081 (pay based on education and experience)
INCLUSIVE DATE OF THE POSTING: Until positions are filled
SEND LETTER OF APPLICATION, RESA 3 Job Application AND RESUME TO:
Ms. Kelly L. Watts
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.