|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Description Job Location or School Name City County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to County Contact Email Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
Applicant must have a West Virginia teaching certification with Masters Degree in Education Administration or Administrative Certificate. Preference will be given to those who have demonstrated successful experience in supervision of elementary programs and/or administration of federal programs. The applicant must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Title I budgetary process and implementation. Candidate should have demonstrated knowledge and experience with Federal budgetary process and its implementation as well as illustrate comprehension of DIBELS, standards based math, the use of ACUITY, and other formative assessments. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge of State, County and Federal laws and policies as appropriate. The successful candidate must have the ability to assist with administrative operations and provide leadership in developing, achieving and maintaining a quality education program. The person employed must have been trained and have knowledge and experience in the components of Support for Personalized Learning. Salary will be commensurate with degree and experience and includes a county supplement. This person will be employed for a 240 day employment term. This position will be effective on or about February 26, 2013 or a time mutually agreed upon between candidate and the district.
• Oversee and implement county Title I and Title III (English as a Second Language) Projects and Programs
• Direct and supervise staff in Title I programs
• Oversee the Title I budgeting process by rank ordering and configuring percentages under federal program rules and policies
• Oversee and implement Title I professional development as it pertains to the programming needs of the schools
• Assure that Title I parental involvement activities are occurring and that they meet the guidelines of federal compliances and local policies
• Assist with the evaluation of programmatic curricula, student achievement, and school climate, as well as provide supervision for the purpose of institutional progress for federal programs that includes Title I and Title III (ESL)
• Assure Federal, State and Local compliance of the Title I and Title III (ESL) Programs
• Prepare and submit reports to WVDE and others as required and/or assigned
• Oversee, implement, evaluate, review and revise all aspects of elementary curriculum as appropriate and in consultation with other appropriate administrators
• Develop and implement the staff development process including summer literacy institutes
• Make recommendations for acquisition of elementary supplementary teaching materials
• Guide beginning elementary teachers in learning and implementing policies and procedures, establishing an effective classroom learning environment, and improving instructional skills
• Disseminate information concerning the elementary curriculum
• Work with elementary school staffs to provide quality, effective instruction to all students
• Assist elementary staff in development of school discipline plans, school improvement plans, and strategic plans
• Participate in transitional activities for middle school education
• Coordinate, recommend, and procure all elementary textbooks and required instructional materials for adoption
• Work cooperatively with other county level and school level personnel to promote and implement county and school level goals
• Act as the County Test Coordinator in order to assure compliance and implementation of required State and Local testing program(s)
• Act as the liaison for home school coordination
• Participate in regular meetings with the Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent as required
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent
Persons must be certified in the
respective subject area.
Commensurate with degree and experience
Applicants for professional
positions shall submit a letter of
bid sheet, and resume for each
Bid sheets are available on our
Mr. David Dilly
Upshur County Schools
102 Smithfield Street
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Job Location or School Name
County Contact Email
Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating.
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.