|LPN - Aide|
|RN - School Nurse|
Grade Level Description Job Location or School Name City County Qualifications Salary Closing Date Comments Apply to Please note that jobs are posted by the county offices, not by the WVDE, and that participation is voluntary. If you are looking for jobs for a specific county or counties, check with their central office to make sure that they are participating. View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.
1. Perform duties that relate to the appearance, repair, and general care of school grounds in the school system.
2. Operate the heating and cooling system and make minor repairs
3. Keep buildings and grounds clean and free of refuse
4. Ensure the care, maintenance, protection, and preservation of the buildings, its contents, and the school grounds
5. Conduct himself/herself in such a manner to have a wholesome influence on pupils
6. Perform necessary repairs/replacements as assigned and perform in emergencies as needed
7. The custodian shall be neatly dressed and shall maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness.
8. He/She shall refrain from the use of objectionable language and shall be tactful, congenial, and courteous in his/her contacts with pupils, teachers, co-workers, and the general public.
9. While on duty, he/she shall refrain from the use of tobacco.
10. Appearing on duty with the odor of liquor on his/her breath or the use of intoxicating liquor or drugs while on the job are grounds for immediate dismissal from employment.
11. Whenever a custodian finds out that he/she is unable to be on the job, the building principal shall be notified at the earliest moment.
12. The custodian shall not leave his/her work assignment during working hours unless the absence has been approved by the building principal
13. The custodian shall have general supervision of and be directly responsible for the care, maintenance, protection, and preservation of his/her school building and the contents thereof.
14. The custodian shall see that the building and grounds are at all times maintained in a satisfactory condition for the school use and occupancy.
15. Other job related duties as may be requested by supervisor.
JP 2021-005-Chapmanville Middle School-1:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
„X High School Diploma or GED
„X Must pass the State Competency Test for this classification
„X Ability to communicate - read writes and follows written instructions.
„X Good health with average agility and dexterity which may require lifting
„X Possess an understanding of the heating and cooling system sufficient to make minor repairs
as per Logan County salary schedule
Application must be received by
4:00 p.m. on closing date.
JOB POSTING HOTLINE 752-7409
This position is a 205 day position.
Elizabeth Thompson/Director of Personnel; Logan County Schools
P.O. Box 477
Logan, WV 25601
(304) 792-2058, FAX (304) 792-
Job Location or School Name
View information about the teaching profession on our statewide recruitment website.