Standard: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Plan Title: "Circulatory System"
will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention.
5.1.5 Students will explain the basic physiology and functions of the body systems.
Students will recognize . . . major parts and functions of the body systems.
- List of vocabulary: pulse, aorta,
ventricles, artery, vein, atrium, blood vessel
- Health and science texts and print
materials related to the heart
- The Heart: An Online Exploration is
a resourceful web site
- List everything the students know
about the heart.
- Write it on the board under "What
- Have a variety of health/science books
(various grades) and magazines available to the students
- Have students look for information
they can find pertaining to the heart.
- Students will discuss their information.
- If the information is not on the "Know"
list, put under "What We Just Learned".
- Keep the list posted for review.
Health Content Standards and Objectives:
Health Learning Plan Links: