West Virginia Department of Education's Rising Leaders
We invite you to recommend distinguished classroom teachers and principals as part of the West Virginia Department of Education's Rising Leaders.
Deserving individuals should demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning results in the classroom and school;
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
- Individuals whose contributions to education are largely unheralded yet worthy of the spotlight;
- Early- to mid-career educators who offer strong long-range potential for professional and policy leadership; and
- Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues and the community.
Recommendations are accepted year-round. Please complete a separate form for each individual and include a résumé.
This is a confidential process. Individuals should not be aware of this recommendation.
Click here to recommend