Arts Alive Dance Submission
The dance performance(s) for Arts Alive will be chosen through a
submission process. Arts Alive wants to include
more original teacher and student work in the showcase performance this
year. If you, your students, or one of your classes has a piece you feel should
be considered for Arts Alive 2018, follow
these submission guidelines:
- Prepare a video of an original dance piece.
- Film the dance piece in a studio, gym or stage with FULL lights. No light cues or fade out or up. This allows the committee to see the full piece. There can be, however, light cues for the performance.
- Content must not contain material or language that may be considered inappropriate for a family-centered audience. Be judicious in music and movement choices.
- Suggested length is 5 minutes or less showing a completed or nearly finished piece.
- If available, please wear costumes for the video. If not, please have dancers wear all black.
- Piece can be the work of a single choreographer or a collaborative effort among students or between teacher/students or guest artist. Piece does not have to be from a performance.
- Include all relevant program information — title, music, choreographer, dancer(s), costume, and design ideas.
- If chosen, you will be notified by March 2, 2018.
All work must be received by February 16, 2018.
If you have questions about DANCE submissions, please contact Donald Laney email@example.com.
By submitting this form, I affirm that the person(s) listed
on the form is/are a student(s) in a West Virginia school.
* = required field