Professional and Personalized e-Learning for Educators
Facilitator Candidate Information
Qualifications for WV e-Learning for Educators
Online Facilitator Candidates:
- West Virginia teacher certification is required to facilitate e-Learning courses/workshops.
- Minimum of three years classroom teaching experience is required to facilitate e-Learning courses/workshops.
- Masters Degree is required to facilitate e-Learning courses/workshops.
- Successful completion of at least three WVDE eLearning for Educator courses within the past two years and with facilitator recommendations.
- Ability to integrate life experience, communication, professionalism, and content into the online learning environment.
- Ability to encourage participants in their efforts to develop a level of comfort in the online environment.
- Sound understanding of online facilitation pedagogy including facilitator's role as a guide. Ability to create an atmosphere of collaborative teamwork.
- High proficiency in the use of email, Internet, html editing, word processing and basic technology troubleshooting skills.
Online Facilitator Responsibilities:
- Timely course and session planning and organization.
- Effective management of the interaction among students, between facilitator and students, and between the students and the learning materials.
- Construction of questions for discussions that will have a variety of intellectual levels, varied in their instructional purpose and be open-ended.
- Setting of session agendas, finding a balance between leading the group and creating an environment where students themselves meet the learning objectives.
- Developing and implementing methods promoting participant feedback and reinforcement.
- Sequencing the presentation of content and pacing of course materials.
Commitment to the eLearning for Educators Project:
- Candidates will agree to participate in a seven-week online facilitator training course
- New facilitators will participate in weekly mentoring activities for the first seven-week course they are assigned to facilitate.
- Facilitations will participate in future professional development opportunities specific to course facilitation.
Online Facilitator Incentives:
- Expand teaching skills to the online environment.
- Non-degree graduate credit, for a fee, will be available for the completion of the facilitator course and future professional development specific to course facilitation..
Online Facilitator Application Process:
- Please complete the facilitator application if you are interested in becoming a West Virginia e-Learning for Educator’s workshop facilitator. E-mail your completed application to Donna Landin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selection of facilitators will be based upon professional development needs as identified by the West Virginia Department of Education. There is currently a need for facilitators who hold certification in mathematics for grades 5-12.