Digital Learning Day
The Alliance for Excellent Education, which is coordinating Digital Learning Day, has compiled digital learning toolkits in specific subjects to aid teachers in their classrooms. The tools and resources in these toolkits are not the totality of good information available. Instead, they are designed to help educators think about how technology may strengthen instructional strategies. Access the toolkits at http://www.digitallearningday.org/take-action/.
Find out what other states are doing at http://www.digitallearningday.org/news-and-events/events/state-events/.
Other information about Digital Learning Day is available at http://www.digitallearningday.org/.
Join the American Dairy Association Mideast
This Wednesday, February 6th, online for
National Digital Learning Day 2013
In 2012, thirty-nine states, 15,000 teachers, and 1.7 million students participated through events and webcasts on National Digital Learning Day.
In 2013, Ohio technology partner agencies are sharing their technological prowess with interactive lessons on Nutrition!
American Dairy Association Mideast presents:
Fuel Up With Breakfast: What’s in Your Bowl? Five half-hour live webinars each designed for specific grade levels
Each session is age appropriate and built around Breakfast Nutrition concepts. Participants will learn:
· Why Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day (How the timeliness and quality of student nutrition impacts performance in academics, physical activity and life)
· How to Build a Healthy Breakfast Bowl/Plate at home/school using the five food groups and MyPlate
· An “easy-to-assemble” Breakfast Recipe (live demonstration)
· More online resources to utilize classroom technology:
o Healthy food and physical activity tracking tool
o Age appropriate Nutrition lessons and tools (Multimedia)
o Step by Step Student Activities to reinforce learned concepts
o Student Challenges and intra-school competitions incorporating digital technology and social media
Here’s how to participate:
· Before February 6th - Preregister (optional) here > www.itsco.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=944 you will receive pre and post event related materials
· On February 6th - Join the Live Streaming Lessons here > www.pd4u.org (please register to qualify for the World Record participation)
· High School 9:30-9:50 am
· Middle School 10:30-10:50 am
· 5th and 6th 11:30-11:50 am
· 3rd and 4th 12:30-12:50 pm
· 1st and 2nd 1:30-1:50 pm