Six "Guiding Principles" for Redesigning High Schools
Appalachian Regional Resource Centers
- Students should feel a personal connection to their high
school experience. School guidance programs are important, as are internships
and lessons customized to each student's learning style.
- All students should be held to high academic and personal standards.
- Students must believe that what they learn is relevant to their lives; students should be able to personalize their learning.
- Teachers should be facilitators, mentors, and coaches.
- Each student's learning should be monitored and documented.
- Data about that learning should be used to tweak the system to make it better