Goals of Guidance and Advisement Programs
- Improve relationships between faculty and students.
- Allow students to develop a sense of belonging.
- Promote school as a safe haven for students.
- Develop a faculty who advocates for students.
- Develop an informed faculty that understands the relevance of social-emotional development, student resources, high school graduation requirements and today's careers, including new and emerging careers.
- Monitor Academic progress, attendance and behavioral concerns.
- Assist students with planning their sequence of courses.
- Involve parents in their studentís education.
- Advise students on postsecondary education and careers.
- Ensure students take a rigorous core curriculum and choose an appropriate career cluster/pathway.
- Ensure students see relevance between high school curriculum and goals for postsecondary education and the world of work.
- Provide a collaborative / systemic approach to engage all students.