Guidance versus Counseling versus Advising
- The help all students receive from teachers, parents, community members, and others to assist with educational and career development.
- The help some individual students receive from credentialed professional to overcome personal and social barriers to learning.
- A comprehensive system to provide students with skills and knowledge to make decisions about his/her education and career.
- A plan to aid students in developing self-awareness, option awareness, and decision-making skills.
- A process to help each student improve his/her chances for long-term employment.