Selecting School Coordinators
- Selecting the right coordinator is paramount to the success of the LINKS program.
- This could be a faculty member or a recently retired faculty member… selected by the steering committee and/or hired by the school principal.
- Their roles and responsibilities can be overwhelming. Therefore, it is important to compensate them in some way:
- Could be an extra duty contract.
- Could have an extra planning block(s).
- Could be provided a stipend
- Could be funded by a community partner
- Could be funded by a special fundraising event (golf tournament)
- Could be funded by SAFE Schools or other grant
- When possible it is recommended that the Building Level LINKS Coordinator is supported by GRADE LEVEL COORDINATORS.
- The GRADE LEVEL COORDINATORS would support the coordinator by:
- Assisting with Advisor on-going training on lesson delivery for their particular grade
- Duplicating lesson material for their particular grade level
- Becoming the grade level LINKS curriculum expert.
- The GRADE LEVEL COORDINATORS could be compensated in a similar manner as the Building Level Coordinator.